KDE Developers In Germany Planning For Plasma 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user1 View Post

From a usability pov, I have no issue with any ui in a sense that I have no difficulties with any of them, like distinguishing what is clickable or not (I always wonder why do some people have such difficulties if they don't have some serious sight issues).
    But from purely an aesthetical pov, Breeze looks like it was made in MS paint or something. I just hate its flat and boxy design and that's the same reason I hate Windows 8 and 10 ui. Windows 11 ui is overally pretty good (if you don't count all the ui inconsistencies that currently plague Windows). I wouldn't say I like exaggerated rounded corners like on MacOS, but on Windows 11 they look just right. I also like how Windows 11 ui returns to the use of depth and gradients like in Windows Aero ui on Vista and 7 which I loved. So I would like to see Plasma 6 adapt a ui that is somewhat similar to Windows 11.
    Btw, I'd argue that the use of depth and gradients actually makes the different ui elements more distinguishable. It doesn't have to be to the point of skeuomorphism like with Windows Aero, but on Windows 11 it looks just right.
    I knew it was coming.

I really dislike gradients on panels, menus and whatnot, and actually use Breeze, but with colors customized with a dark palette, what is easy to do. Windows lack this flexibility unless you use a 3rd party app, but, I guess, to each, their own.

Comment

I just want blur back on my apps. Kirigami broke kvantum. There is no good replacement. Frankly, kirigami apps ugly. Just look how it massacred spectacle. I know they are easy to code, but do a bit of hardwork on backend and make them capable of supporting blurred backgrounds

Comment

Oxygen was MILES better than Breeze. Also, care to explain how is it an Apple knock-off?
        It took the bubbly floaty feel to a new level.

No, it wasnt Mac's interactivity style interface, but that feel was MacOS X early. Those coloured cases it came on!

I was also gently reminded of Mac IIe as well, which was an incredibly fun piece of highly integrated hardware. Absolutely no recollection of the OS and version. Was having to much fun with friends recording, painting and whatnot while the Amiga boys pouted about their 3D renderers (incredible shit on a floppy!)
        Hi

Comment

Bring blur inside apps UI. KDE and gnome looks meh without blur.

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post

Care to explain or give examples of what you like/want? I have, many times, watched/listened "Internet voices" criticize things and, then, when they "show" what they "want", back off terrorized in disbelief.

Please, tell us that is not something like Windows 8/10/11, where you have to run your mouse over to know what is clickable or not.

Breeze is not my favorite theme, but I find it to be fine.
            Typical kde fan, the Karen of Linux forum. Someone shares a simple opinion, bully them into wasting time on internet

Bring windows as distraction, so people talk shit about something else

Cope and seethe

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

Typical kde fan, the Karen of Linux forum. Someone shares a simple opinion, bully them into wasting time on internet

Cope and seethe
              Typical Gnome fan: see someone that likes a DE that is not Gnome, automatically assume his questions aren't formulated to have a grasp of why people criticize something. Things should only be about Gnome or shouldn't be asked.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

Cope and seethe
                Looks like a genuine post with a genuine question with him explaining the main feature he hates from Windows. Also he didn't bring windows in as a distraction, if you read the original post at all you would see hes responding to them talking about windows. If anyone here is being as you would say a "bully" I would have to say it would be you.

Comment

Yeah, I also hope they'll come up with a new fresh default look. I really disliked the default Breeze theme ever since Plasma 5 was released.
                  I have it the same way.
                  My problem with the Breeze look is that it does the flatness look in a way where it can be difficult to see where widgets start and end.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post

I have it the same way.
                    My problem with the Breeze look is that it does the flatness look in a way where it can be difficult to see where widgets start and end.
                    That's exactly what I was talking about in my previous comment. I also find it a bit ironic that on one hand people bring up the importance of ui elements being distinguishable, but on the other hand adore flat designs like Breeze, in which the flatness and the lack of depth and gradients are exactly what makes the different ui elements more difficult to distinguish.

Comment

Yeah, I also hope they'll come up with a new fresh default look. I really disliked the default Breeze theme ever since Plasma 5 was released.
                      And i for one hope they don't divert from it too much - breeze dark imho is one of the most beautiful DE themes of all time.
                      Luckily,however they will decide, we will both be able to just use at theme that pleases our eyes ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X