• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
    Does drag & drop work yet on Wayland?
    It's always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post

I've never noticed any problems with it. Where did you see an issue?
      I don't know about GNOME, but on KDE Plasma Wayland, I cannot drag and drop items to browsers. Not Falkon, not Firefox, not Chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

It's always worked for me.
        Draging and droping never worked for my workflow with wayland GNOME, on X11 GNOME it works well.
        There is no drag and drop from GNOME default file archiver to GNOME file manager with wayland GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Etherman View Post
          Draging and droping never worked for my workflow with wayland GNOME, on X11 GNOME it works well.
          There is no drag and drop from GNOME default file archiver to GNOME file manager with wayland GNOME.
          I frequently drag and drop stuff into browsers. In fact I'm working on something that I test by dragging images into Firefox so I can say that, on many occasions, I've dragged over 500 images into Firefox, one at a time, in a day.

Comment

IMHO this image summarizes Gnome 44:

​​Zumwalt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              That first one doesn't do GNOME any justice.
              The mere existence of Gnome 3+ doesn't do any justice.

Comment

I'm so happy. I think it was the fractional scaling changes in Wayland and Mutter, but now my VMs in virt-viewer are 1:1 scaling on my fractionally-scaled screens, my VMs aren't blurry and permanently thinking they have weird dimensions. I can use the guests' scaling instead of kludgy and ugly host-side scaling.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
                  IMHO this image summarizes Gnome 44:

​​
                  Below Deck

Comment

I hope with the hackathon going on, we'll be able to toggle HDR output for Gnome 45.

Comment

Originally posted by mangeek View Post
                      I'm so happy. I think it was the fractional scaling changes in Wayland and Mutter, but now my VMs in virt-viewer are 1:1 scaling on my fractionally-scaled screens, my VMs aren't blurry and permanently thinking they have weird dimensions. I can use the guests' scaling instead of kludgy and ugly host-side scaling.
                      Gnome gaining support for Wayland's fractional scaling wouldn't effect this because virt-viewer would have to support fractional scaling. Since it uses GTK3 and even GTK4 doesn't support fractional scaling, it should work exactly as it did before. Even then, I don't think there's any way for the vm-monitor to communicate to the guest OS what scaling you're using, it can only report lower resolutions which would make the guest look blurry.

Comment

Working...
                      X