Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha Released For Testing - Better Dark & High Contrast Theme Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Que? On Flathub, on the Steam page you linked, it clearly says “Note: This is a community package of Steam gaming plaform not officially supported by Valve.​”. It doesn't say that on the LibreOffice page. What more do you want?
    You caught me. I glossed over the fine print in lieu of the icons, table, and whatnot.

I'm genuinely worried about what other outta be blatantly obvious stuff I'm missing in life.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I can't believe I didn't see the Flat/Snap/AppImage/Chocolatey​ links....Damn. Just damn.

But what I was talking about was the Flathub site itself, and, funnily enough, you just highlighted the problem I have perfectly.

On Snapcraft it's readily apparent that LibreOffice is provided by a trusted 3rd party due to their verification system in place whereas on Flathub it's readily apparent that some people have signed up to GitHub and contributed towards LibreOffice -- not that that's a bad thing, but anyone can sign up for a free GH account and contribute towards something.

Compare the LibreOffice Flathub page, official, to the Steam Flathub page, unofficial. They both look the same. There is nothing on either page that signifies that either one is from their actual developers or even supported by their actual developers.​
    Que? On Flathub, on the Steam page you linked, it clearly says “Note: This is a community package of Steam gaming plaform not officially supported by Valve.​”. It doesn't say that on the LibreOffice page. What more do you want?
    Last edited by Vistaus; 07 December 2022, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post

The Flatpak page in Libreoffice website mentions Flathub, so I guess it's official?
    Btw, I recently heard Flathub will soon mention if a Flatpak is official or not.
    I completely missed those links.

See my above post for the longer response.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So LibreOffice themselves are a “random third party” and “not official” now?

Guess you won't be downloading Ubuntu from the Canonical website either then…
    I can't believe I didn't see the Flat/Snap/AppImage/Chocolatey​ links....Damn. Just damn.

But what I was talking about was the Flathub site itself, and, funnily enough, you just highlighted the problem I have perfectly.

On Snapcraft it's readily apparent that LibreOffice is provided by a trusted 3rd party due to their verification system in place whereas on Flathub it's readily apparent that some people have signed up to GitHub and contributed towards LibreOffice -- not that that's a bad thing, but anyone can sign up for a free GH account and contribute towards something.

Even though both Snap and Flat are officially supported means for getting and installing LibreOffice, unlike with Snapcraft, there is nothing readily apparent on the Flathub page that using LibreOffice from there is an officially supported method. If, like me, you were focused on shiny pictures and drop down links on the LibreOffice site so you just didn't see the links off to the side and you happened to stumble across its Flathub page, there's nothing on Flathub that explicitly states that it's an official, supported method to install and use LibreOffice.

Compare the LibreOffice Flathub page, official, to the Steam Flathub page, unofficial. They both look the same. There is nothing on either page that signifies that either one is from their actual developers or even supported by their actual developers. The problem is that one of them is a supported method and the other isn't. That means that either Steam looks just as official as LibreOffice or LibreOffice looks just as unofficial as Steam. That's the problem.

Official, Unofficial, from the Actual Dev, from a Contributor, from the Flatpak or Flathub Team, from Somewhere Else...Not being able to actually tell which one something is from is genuine problem that Flathub needs to address.
    Last edited by skeevy420; 07 December 2022, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• elatllat
    replied
    trust, architecture, security, space, limitations are 5 reasons apt/dnf/yay have not been replaced with snap/flatpak/appimg

Leave a comment:

• luno
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    wow they have aarch64​ flatpak build too, many software are only providing x86_64 flatpak specially browsers

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

To me it's buried too deep: Tools-> Options -> LibreOffice -> "Scheme" -> Dark, I never expected a "scheme" has anything to do what I want.
    I expected it to be under "view", where you also choose icon theme. That's probably why I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post

Wow, thanks!
    Really weird that I didn't notice it in settings
    To me it's buried too deep: Tools-> Options -> LibreOffice -> "Scheme" -> Dark, I never expected a "scheme" has anything to do what I want.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

That's not official. At least I don't think it is in the minute or two I spent link clicking. Unlike Twitter, I wish Flathub had a verification and validation system so I'd know if an app was from its developers, from a Flathub developer, or from a random third party.
    So LibreOffice themselves are a “random third party” and “not official” now?

Guess you won't be downloading Ubuntu from the Canonical website either then…

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied

That's not official. At least I don't think it is in the minute or two I spent link clicking. Unlike Twitter, I wish Flathub had a verification and validation system so I'd know if an app was from its developers, from a Flathub developer, or from a random third party.
    The Flatpak page in Libreoffice website mentions Flathub, so I guess it's official?
    Btw, I recently heard Flathub will soon mention if a Flatpak is official or not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X