Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    We did it boys, sway is obsolete!!
    You joke, sway daily user here -- the decoupled modular nature will always remain attractive, especially for odd use cases like on a Phone where resources are limited.

But then there are cool forks like https://github.com/fluix-dev/sway-borders where I can literally have complex window decorations and more "sci-fi" borders that are 50-100px (4k has pixels to spare)

Hats off to KDE, this predefined layout may be EXACTLY what I have been hoping for, I hope the boundaries can be static and windows can be dragged into a predefined box. Overflow of new windows could even spawn on 2-10.

image.php?id=2022&image=kde_custom_tiling.webp

I also would be interested in holding down a modifier to drag and drop a floating window in said predefined positions. I really think there is room for innovation in Tiling that has not been completely realized yet.

I would be interested in if KDE can do window controls on the left and right -- I wouldn't mind having some on the left and some on the right to do a cool sci-fi look.

Anyways, these new features definitely have my attention and I'll be doing a test drive at some point to see if it offers the utility I'd love to see.

If I did do some KDE daily, I probably would import the puke green and grey theme from the Steam Deck that is so charmingly 1990s and old video game -- their virtual keyboard is so cool looking.

I'm not fond of the all-in-one desktop shells overall, but honestly there is charming utility in both Gnome and KDE in them clarifying their "visions" of their perspective interfaces.

Great work @ KDE, glad to donate to such a awesome group too.

Comment

Originally posted by ahjolinna View Post

I use openSUSE Krypton (KDE-git on tumbleweed) with wayland enabled on nvidia GPU and has been works just fine for a long time (okay yes there has been some minor issues)
      Good for you, but that's not a KDE Neon contender. Only Argon is.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Tiling! This is HUGE!
        especially on huge displays

Comment

Is this the same project Distro Tube was talking about on Youtube called KDE Bismuth?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            Very, very nice, but y'all need to revert the UI by ~10 years and unround the corners so the tiles look better...or copy Windows 11. It alternates between rounded corners for floating windows and squared off corners for tiling windows; best of both worlds.

My attention to weird details means that I can't help but notice that divot where corners meet when tiling.
            I am sure there are themes that you can use to make it look this way if its a dealbreaker for you. KDE isn't gnome, they don't have a problem with users customising it.

Comment

Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post

especially on huge displays
              Using two monitors is stupid if you can use a tiling window manager and a super-wide monitor instead
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Using two monitors is stupid if you can use a tiling window manager and a super-wide monitor instead
                My budget dictates 3 monitors in place of a big one

Comment

I have a Odyssy G9, its awesome but I still find having the old Dell 4k stacked on top super helpful. That said I would really like to upgrade to the Odyssey Ark at some point... after selling several internal organs. I could see this being super useful on a screen like that!

Comment

Working...
                  X