X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

Horrible. GIMP is the one of the best image editors. I wouldn't even touch photoshop with a stick.
    I also think Ps is just a piece of
    obsolete trash, but I would go with Krita or even better Affinity Photo (yes it’s not
    open source but it’s the best image editor today and the license is very cheap) rather than GIMP though.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Counting to GIMP 3.0 is logarithmic - you'll get closer and closer but never actually get all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Vulkan
    replied
    GIMP is still the best image manipulation software (not only) for Linux. I have been already using the 2.99.x versions for a long time, there is no reason to use GIMP 2.0 anymore. The only problem is for some people, that their distro still hesitates to package the new version. Why? - I really don't know. Such a difficult task?
    Last edited by Go_Vulkan; 27 August 2022, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

sadly I have found that gimp has always been lack luster. its been inadequate for mine, and all of my friends workflows
    I think you can always fill feature requests. It may take some time to implement, though.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

Horrible. GIMP is the one of the best image editors. I wouldn't even touch photoshop with a stick.
    sadly I have found that gimp has always been lack luster. its been inadequate for mine, and all of my friends workflows

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

No, it's a process going on for the past 10 years.
    Stating the obvious isn't really helpful, I'm talking about the two news article and "now"

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied
    I would say it is interesting, but I lost interest in anything gimp a long time ago
    Are you kid? with all gegl stuff so fast, it's impressive

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    I would say it is interesting, but I lost interest in anything gimp a long time ago

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Lit a fire under their arses? "Surprise, surprise, surpise." - Gomer Pyle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X