KDE Plasma 5.25 Preparing More Bug Fixes, Continued Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

LTS is not stable by definition. It only means "Long Term Support".
    That too. But also, waiting for a point release is usually better. There's a reason a lot of people aren't upgrading to e.g. Ubuntu 22.04 right away; they wait for either .1 or, in some cases, .2. And the same goes for a lot of other software.

Comment

Originally posted by Firnefex View Post
      Tumbleweed is my daily driver atm
      Same here. I've been using Tumbleweed as my daily driver for, like, a month now and I've never ever experienced Plasma this smooth and bug-free (relatively speaking - of course, nothing is 100% bug-free). This is my first time using openSUSE in years and the first time as my daily driver rather than a secondary distro. If it continues down this road, I'll be using it for years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

That too. But also, waiting for a point release is usually better. There's a reason a lot of people aren't upgrading to e.g. Ubuntu 22.04 right away; they wait for either .1 or, in some cases, .2. And the same goes for a lot of other software.
        I would say that is not the main reason people don't upgrade right away. They just forget there is an upgrade or don't have time/aren't in the mood.
        If you don't know when the next version is released (true for most newbies) then you won't know if there is an upgrade. I only used 2 Ubuntu based non-rolling distributions long enough to get an upgrade, and in Mint you have to go into the Update Manager and look under Edit to maybe see an upgrade some time after the new release.

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
          I think they will keep fixing tons of bugs in plasma 5.xx till next decade unless they stop adding junk and superfluous features.
          Quoted For Truth

Comment

Working...
          X