Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 42 Lands New Screenshot/Screencast UI

Phoronix: GNOME 42 Lands New Screenshot/Screencast UI

Developed during Google Summer of Code last year was an updated screenshot and screen recorder user interface. That improved screenshot/screencasting UI was merged this week for GNOME 42...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice mobile UI, oh, wait.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I think everybody in these forums knows your opinion about GNOME by now. If you want people to stop flagging you as a troll, consider stop acting like one.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post

I think everybody in these forums knows your opinion about GNOME by now. If you want people to stop flagging you as a troll, consider stop acting like one.
        do you think Birdie would believe you if you told him there really was a SANTA Clause

Comment

This is nice, especially the screen recording handiness.

But hopefully flameshot, which remains the king of screenshots in my eyes, benefits from the xdg-desktop-portal dbus implementation fast, so that it becomes usable again on gnome 41...
          Last edited by Maxzor; 29 January 2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

screen recording might be nice. will be good to have a simple screen rec that works on wayland. all the options i've tried so far have been... disappointing.

Comment

Dude, I hate to have to break it to you, but most people are not particularly keep on using lackluster desktops that still look exactly how they did back in the gtk2 era, which btw wasn't even that long ago for yours considering how XFCE barely managed to migrate to Gtk+3 by the time Gtk4 was released.

Do yourself a favour and get an actual hobby, one that doesn't involve spending every single day of yours shitposting on phoronix.

Comment

This looks very similar to how I remember the Chrome OS screen recording feature, which isn't exactly mobile.

Comment

I'm using GNOME right now even thought I'm a Plasma user. Just testing things out and such; loads of Quality of Life things I do miss from Plasma, but I have both installed so I'll switch back sometime... Takes longer to setup gnome how I like things, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    I'm using GNOME right now even thought I'm a Plasma user. Just testing things out and such; loads of Quality of Life things I do miss from Plasma, but I have both installed so I'll switch back sometime... Takes longer to setup gnome how I like things, that's for sure.
                    See, I think I'm the opposite. These days I prefer, when I'm going to work on stuff that isn't my desktop setup, I prefer Gnome. It's just sort of there and works to launch the applications I want to use.
                    If I want to play with settings and make things shiny, I play with Plasma or Amiga Workbench. Gnome is kind of like background noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X