Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no fractional scaling in Wayland or color management

Comment

On my whishlist for next year: seamless 10-bit+ color support (in X11 and Steam). For QT: As soon as I compile qt5-tools with modest opimization flags, I get a funny undefined symbol errors (QUiLoader::QUiLoader(QObject*)) compiling KwinFT (see: https://gitlab.com/kwinft/kwinft/-/issues/205)
      Last edited by ms178; 25 December 2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gbcox View Post
        One extremely annoying bug regarding date/time formats which has more or less been just vibrating in place since 2014 (yes, that isn't a typo, this thing as been open for 7 years and counting...) is maybe, kinda, possibly, hopefully getting some attention. Hope springs eternal.
        And here I always was under the impression it was just how it worked . Yeah, that thing has been bugging me since almost a decade now. No attention was given to bug reports, so I ended up assuming (begrudgingly) that most just wanted it to work that way or that it simply was how it worked now.
        Last edited by Melcar; 25 December 2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

One extremely annoying bug regarding date/time formats which has more or less been just vibrating in place since 2014 (yes, that isn't a typo, this thing as been open for 7 years and counting...) is maybe, kinda, possibly, hopefully getting some attention. Hope springs eternal.
          It's not a bug, it's a feature that was taken away by Qt. I felt the pain back then, but learned to live with it. It's annoying, but fortunately not a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

It's not a bug, it's a feature that was taken away by Qt. I felt the pain back then, but learned to live with it. It's annoying, but fortunately not a deal breaker.
            You're making a distinction without a difference. It's a bug, read the report.

Comment

I'm grateful for all updates. I'm glad KDE shuts down faster as it used to take ages. I remember giving up many times and just holding the power button to force it. It's still risky as at least on my PC the monitor layout always gets reset. :/ And with it the panel layout changes in unpredictable ways. I use 4 monitors.

Also last time I checked Wayland I also found out that it doesn't let you open at cursor position https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411681

Merry Christmas

Comment

Wow you are right this is ridiculous and I dont even know how I can support this bug being fixed, it already has over 1500 votes!!

This is the missing thing for me, how can I incentivise Plasma devs to go into a direction that I LIKE?? Becasue it seems the devs have completely different priotities than the users most of the time and there is a disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post

This is the missing thing for me, how can I incentivise Plasma devs to go into a direction that I LIKE??
                  Perhaps join the Plasma team and contribute the changes yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by keit99 View Post
                    Usually it should work with wayland, but it could be one of the protocol limitations wayland suffers from (becuase applications cannot listen to key inputs all the time, which to be fair woudl be a security catastrophy (is on Xorg) )
                    Well, I guess you could make a protocol extension where applications can "register" system-wide shortcuts which are then sent to them instead of the application currently in focus.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                      On my whishlist for next year: seamless 10-bit+ color support (in X11 and Steam). For QT: As soon as I compile qt5-tools with modest opimization flags, I get a funny undefined symbol errors (QUiLoader::QUiLoader(QObject*)) compiling KwinFT (see: https://gitlab.com/kwinft/kwinft/-/issues/205)
                      deep color support was merged 1 month ago: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-..._requests/1641

Comment

Working...
                      X