Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krita 5.0 Released With Big Improvements For Open-Source Digital Painting / 2D Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 5.0 Released With Big Improvements For Open-Source Digital Painting / 2D Animation

Phoronix: Krita 5.0 Released With Big Improvements For Open-Source Digital Painting / 2D Animation

Krita is easily one of the best digital painting / 2D animation / raster graphics programs out there for being open-source / free software and today is now even better with the Krita 5.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone else wonder when (or whether?) Michael makes time for sleep? Seems like he publishers articles 24 hours a day.

Comment

brushes / gradients / palettes so they are now faster and use "much less" memory as well as being more reliable.
      So they switched to Purdy, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Eumaios View Post
        Anyone else wonder when (or whether?) Michael makes time for sleep? Seems like he publishers articles 24 hours a day.
        For a split second way back in the day....then I switched to assuming the articles are published by a script/timer....cause he'd have to be on a lot of Hitler's Vitamins to be awake for every publishing.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

For a split second way back in the day....then I switched to assuming the articles are published by a script/timer....cause he'd have to be on a lot of Hitler's Vitamins to be awake for every publishing.
          Some of them are set to go at night, when outside of my usual working period of 3AM CST to 8~9PM CST.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Some of them are set to go at night, when outside of my usual working period of 3AM CST to 8~9PM CST.
            Nice, a fellow early riser. My usual hours are 4/5am-10pm CST.

I stayed up "late" last to 11:15 playing Bloodstained and finishing the series Wild Castles so I slept in late to 5:45am today

Comment

I wish the same level of polish was applied to the rest of Calligra

Comment

updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/krita

Comment

Kirta is nice and all, but as a non artist who needs to do some art-esc work every now and then, I just can't leave clip studio. i've tried krita, but I just can't seem to learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                    Kirta is nice and all, but as a non artist who needs to do some art-esc work every now and then, I just can't leave clip studio. i've tried krita, but I just can't seem to learn it.
                    I feel the same way with GIMP. I've tried using Krita but I'm so comfortable with GIMP that anything else is difficult to pick up.

Comment

Working...
                    X