Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIMP 2.10.30 Released With Better Adobe PSD Support, Improved Portals Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10.30 Released With Better Adobe PSD Support, Improved Portals Integration

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.30 Released With Better Adobe PSD Support, Improved Portals Integration

GIMP 3.0 still isn't ready for release and won't be in 2021 but the GIMP 2.10.30 release is out today in time for working on your Christmas photos or holiday cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The GIMP developers actually have a roadmap & once the feature(s) they want to complete are met they will release it as version three. They'll continue to release point-releases totally free of charge to you so you don't need to pay a penny for all of their hard work. I'm fairly sure they can count to three, after all I've used GIMP at little bit & found it to be a great bit of software.
    Last edited by mr_marmalade; 21 December 2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Yep, no worries. My post was just a short anti-slagging-esque post as it gets a bit tiresome reading 90% of posts tending to be putting down the good open-source world work of others.

Comment

I wish GIMP developed at the pace of Blender!

I'd like to see more reliable Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) support.

Comment

So much legacy code to rewrite;

Comment

Exporting as avif xD avif is good for animations and that's about it, Just use JXL, it's better in almost all regards

Originally posted by tildearrow

I know perfectly. I was just messing around...
            joke's aren't allowed on phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
              GIMP team can't count to 3
              They can count to 30! (2.10.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                joke's aren't allowed on phoronix.
                Haha, yep.

Comment

looking at it, i don't think its been updated in years. the history page last update entry was back in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    I wish GIMP developed at the pace of Blender!
                    Blender has quite a lot of money and industry backing behind it.

For the Gimp to have that, who would risk the ire of Adobe?

Comment

Working...
                    X