Chrome 94 Released With WebGPU For Testing, WebCodecs API Now Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Take care. Won't humor you anymore or acknowledge your existence, bud bud.
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    Wouldn't doubt for a second if birdie and Sonadow are the same person. Maybe even debianxfce, too.
    at least make good on your words lol.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Does anyone here have an actual brain? The fact that Firefox has workarounds means there are websites which work properly in Chrome but don't work in Firefox. Oh, god.
      That much goes without saying, obviously. It's so obvious I had a hard time realizing you thought it had to mentioned at all. The only thing pointing out that list of broken sites does is show that Mozilla apparently cares about fixing broken sites for their users.

Heck, there are broken websites out there that work in IE but not Chrome, but that doesn't mean many people are forced to drop Chrome and switch back to IE.

So let's go back to the original topic of discussion that you hijacked. Someone mentioned they had to leave Firefox because of broken sites, and people were curious what site was prominent/important enough to force that. I'm still curious.
      Last edited by smitty3268; 23 September 2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post

Falkon uses QtWebEngine that is based on and has the same Chromium problem with VAAPI.

PS: I mean, the lack of GPU acceleration could not be a total dealbreaker for some, but I use laptops too, and I don't like to see my laptop in high temps just playing a 1440p video. I want to use the same browser in all devices to use its sync capabilities.
        Most laptop processors are already thermally handicapped. They are not going to roast themselves into 90C and barbecue the family jewels. The processor firmware would not even let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

That much goes without saying, obviously. It's so obvious I had a hard time realizing you thought it had to mentioned at all. The only thing pointing out that list of broken sites does is show that Mozilla apparently cares about fixing broken sites for their users.

Heck, there are broken websites out there that work in IE but not Chrome, but that doesn't mean many people are forced to drop Chrome and switch back to IE.

So let's go back to the original topic of discussion that you hijacked. Someone mentioned they had to leave Firefox because of broken sites, and people were curious what site was prominent/important enough to force that. I'm still curious.
          While these workarounds exist I can perfectly imagine that websites which are broken in Firefox still exist however no one has let Mozilla let know about them, so in no way I tried to hijack the discussion.
          Last edited by birdie; 23 September 2021, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post

Oh, maybe as a fallback can be a pretty good alternative indeed. Thanks!
            No problem!

Btw, there's another safer/better alternative for Chromium: Viper Browser: https://github.com/LeFroid/Viper-Browser
            It's also a Qt 5 browser based on QtWebEngine with a lot features, BUT Viper actually *does* have GPU acceleration!

Comment

Working...
            X