Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Resolution Scrolling On Linux Progressing, Apple Magic Mouse Support In Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by Shtirlic View Post

Is it actually free? All donations and working hours paid by the big companies are included in the prices of their respective products.
    Free for me. And you. And every other person in the world should they choose so.

Leave a comment:

• Shtirlic
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    tildearrow

It may be true but it doesn't add anything to the discussion so I decide to troll back. You could say his sarcastic comment to so many things on Linux.

I just don't tolerate anyone not appreciating a free and amazing OS like GNU/Linux. That's all. Not trying to troll.
    Is it actually free? All donations and working hours paid by the big companies are included in the prices of their respective products.

Leave a comment:

• Chugworth
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

What exactly is wrong in your opinion? I use the touchpad scroll in a Thinkpad and I didn't see any inconvenience both in FIrefox and Chrome.
    By default you do not get true smooth scrolling on touchpads like you would find on Windows or Mac. Or even Chromium on Linux. It can be enabled by putting "export MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1" in your ".bash_profile" and then turning off the false "smooth scrolling" option, but that is not exactly a user-friendly way of correcting the problem.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
    Now I wonder how long it's going to take apps to add support for this. To this day, FireFox on Linux still doesn't properly handle touchpad scrolling unless you set "MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1" and disable the simulated "smooth scrolling" in its settings.
    What exactly is wrong in your opinion? I use the touchpad scroll in a Thinkpad and I didn't see any inconvenience both in FIrefox and Chrome.
    Last edited by M@GOid; 05 September 2021, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    tildearrow

It may be true but it doesn't add anything to the discussion so I decide to troll back. You could say his sarcastic comment to so many things on Linux.

I just don't tolerate anyone not appreciating a free and amazing OS like GNU/Linux. That's all. Not trying to troll.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Cry more
    Well it's true
    Partial support existed in 2017-2019. Dolphin supported it, but the browser didn't
    GTK also partially supported it

On Windows the support is not perfect either though. I had to bypass the Boot Camp driver to get smooth scrolling with the touchpad.

Leave a comment:

• discordian
    replied
    I had to upgrade to kernel 5.13 as some 5.10 revision completely broke the mousewheel for my Logitech mouse. I can't fathom why this is a constant source of problems in literally every component involved

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    Whoop de doo, Linux might finally get system-wide smooth scrolling in 5.15 while macOS had it since 10.6 and Windows since Windows 8.
    Cry more

Leave a comment:

• lamka02sk
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbine View Post
    They need to allow you to adjust scrolling sensitivity. I cannot use desktop Linux because my expensive mouse's scrollwheel requires an insane amount of scroll to move down the page.
    ...in Chromium browsers. I hate it too. Luckily, Firefox scrolls just fine.

Leave a comment:

• EvilHowl
    replied
    I love those quality-of-life improvements. They really make a difference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X