Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elatllat
    replied
    I have edited video in blender and kdenlive, guess I'll give OpenShot a shot next time.

For simple cutting I have a kdenlive script that uses mkvmerge for editing without re-encoding.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainLugnuts
    replied
    I've found the entire 2.x series unusable.
    I used the 1.x series to edit all my racing videos, usually 90-120 minutes long. The 2.x series falls apart with long videos with multiple seconds per frame in preview. The bugs have been open for years.
    Luckily, kdenlive has worked fine and I even wrote a custom plugin to overlay telemetry, something OpenShot didn't support.

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    I haven't look at itin years but congrats to the developers. Stabilization and object tracking are so, so critical if you are trying to do any thing serious. Those are huge feature adds.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
    Michael typo in the link to OpenShot blog, the date in the link is wrong, the correct day is 25, not 15:

https://www.openshot.org/blog/2021/0...t_release_260/
    Not actually a typo per, that was their original URL for the announcement but then looks like they changed it. (I was a bit confused as well as originally they listed their announcement as 15 August, so guess they delayed it). In any case the link is now updated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Michael typo in the link to OpenShot blog, the date in the link is wrong, the correct day is 25, not 15:

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    Well I feel silly I don't know how to edit my prior post but what I meant to say was

Installing open shot through the traditional package manager I had some issues I think it was the movie would always come out mute when I exported it

When I installed it via flat pack or snap I forgot which one it worked perfectly

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    Use the flatpack or snap.... The other ones don't work for me...

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    I have used OpenShot a bit , but from my perspective I would appreciate a few more bugfixes. Generally speaking most software of this type (that is likely to be used by many users) should focus on having their program working on the current release of the mother distros such as Debian, Fedora/RedHat, etc....

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    I've toyed with motion tracking in Kdenlive with limited success (it sorta works but definitely not perfect).
    KdenLive is basically reusing some OpenCV utilities to implement its motion tracking. Is OpenShot using something else or is it also reusing OpenCV?
    Yep, it's using OpenCV.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    I've toyed with motion tracking in Kdenlive with limited success (it sorta works but definitely not perfect).
    KdenLive is basically reusing some OpenCV utilities to implement its motion tracking. Is OpenShot using something else or is it also reusing OpenCV?
    Last edited by chuckula; 25 August 2021, 01:16 PM. Reason: renamed video editor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X