No announcement yet.

KDE Sees More Improvements To Plasma, Konsole, Breeze This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about baloo? They fixed baloo yet? Or is taking 8GB of RAM+swap a normal thing? And the crashing every now and then a feature?
    Last edited by Melcar; 14 August 2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Konsole improvements? I find it a regression. Now anytime I open konsole, it's showing the toolbars. Cannot disable or hide it, unless I set settings -> Remember window size.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        What about baloo? They fixed baloo yet? Or is taking 8GB of RAM+swap a normal thing? And the crashing every now and then a feature?
        I don't know about those problems (I disabled Baloo easily), do you know of any bug report about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

I don't know about those problems (I disabled Baloo easily), do you know of any bug report about it?
          I honestly stopped bothering to look for solutions or report bugs (on baloo) ages ago. If one does a small search they can find several open bug reports with baloo. Like you, I also just disable baloo.

Comment

I just wish kmail gets some love

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
              Konsole improvements? I find it a regression. Now anytime I open konsole, it's showing the toolbars. Cannot disable or hide it, unless I set settings -> Remember window size.
              Oh my, I just found this after my system updated. It's a real pain since I had several programs launching with their own Konsole profile with specific geometry. This is rather frustrating. Seems to be a bug, so hopefully we don't wait long for a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Are Arch users deemed queer or.. I didn't get the joke.
                Back in what 2012-2013? When Arch really started picking up in popularity there were a lot of people that were a tad too proud about installing their first non-newb friendly distro. They also asked a lot of technical questions on Reddit and forums, often ending the post by clarifying which distro they were running. "I use Arch btw" became a meme.

Comment

Originally posted by Drol View Post
                  I just wish kmail gets some love
                  If you want more information about kmail developments you can see https://www.volkerkrause.eu/ or http://planet.kde.org, where summaries like those are published:
                  - https://www.volkerkrause.eu/2021/07/...june-2021.html
                  - https://www.volkerkrause.eu/2021/05/...pril-2021.html

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    I use Arch, this is way offtopic and insulting...
                    So do I. Just some self-deprecating humor about how "btw, I use Arch" is seen by annoying and tarded people as a badge of honor. That it makes them 1337 and special and better than everyone else...until a Gentoo user walks in, builds a platform, and pees on both of them. Oh, so on Arch you built 3 things from source with automation tools and configured /etc....Well aren't you special?

I'm a firm believer of "if you can't make fun of yourself you shouldn't make fun of others".

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post

Back in what 2012-2013? When Arch really started picking up in popularity there were a lot of people that were a tad too proud about installing their first non-newb friendly distro. They also asked a lot of technical questions on Reddit and forums, often ending the post by clarifying which distro they were running. "I use Arch btw" became a meme.
                      Still, these days the Arch's wiki is THE go-to place, no matter which distro you're using.

Comment

Working...
                      X