• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailspring is better than Thunderbird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Still looks as ugly as it originally was 10 years ago

Even Microsoft's Outlook.com web client looks so much better and more modern than the 'straight-out-of-the-nineties' GUI Thunderbird has.

Thanks but no thanks.
      The "'straight-out-of-the-nineties' GUI" is good, meaning it is not polluted by the trashy trend (Win8 and Gnome3) that happened over the last decade.

Comment

It's not about 90s vs trashy trend. It's wanting to see a preview line of all my emails in the message list, something every modern client except Thunderbird can manage.

Also, why does Thunderbird insist on telling me that an email was sent at hhmmss for 6 month/year old emails?

Comment

Originally posted by tornado99 View Post
          Mailspring is better than Thunderbird.
          Mailspring doesn't support POP3 so is out of the game.

Comment

out of what game? i don't use pop3

Comment

I just recently as of this week jumped from Thunderbird on over to Evolution, has better IMAP support and supports tasks and calendar without extra work on setting them up.

Comment

Originally posted by enzo1982 View Post
                That's basically an insurance against bugs and would come at a price.
                Not true. It would be just a statement, warrantying that no one was dicking around while writing it.

And nothing prevents you from lowering the bar for free products. But even free stuff would need to satisfy some minimums.
                You can't go around poisoning people with free samples just because they are free.
                Same principle should bind SW developers.

Every SW can fail, but if they find some braindead f**p, quilty party should be liable.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  The most bizarre version jumps in history:

- Microsoft Word 2.0 -> 6.0
                  - Slackware 4 -> 7
                  - openSUSE Leap 13 -> 42 -> 15
                  - Thunderbird 78 -> 91
                  I guess we could add Windows to that list:
                  - Windows 3.1 --> Windows 95 --> Windows 98 --> Windows 2000 --> Windows ME (since ME=1000), then later on Windows 7

And Deepin (Linux):
                  - 2.0 --> 9.12 and later on 12.12 --> 2013 --> 2014.3 --> 15.3 --> 15.11 --> 20.0

And TDE:
                  - 3.5.13.2 --> R14.0.0
                  Last edited by Vistaus; 12 August 2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I guess we could add Windows to that list:
                    Done in a previous post :

Microsoft Windows 3.1 -> 95 -> [...] -> 8 -> 10

Comment

Originally posted by tornado99 View Post
                      It's not about 90s vs trashy trend. It's wanting to see a preview line of all my emails in the message list, something every modern client except Thunderbird can manage.

Also, why does Thunderbird insist on telling me that an email was sent at hhmmss for 6 month/year old emails?
                      Hmmm.... no preview line in message list means a message is truly NOT loaded before user click on it, so in security sense it is harder for viral mail to exploit the mail client.

And... why the hate of showing you a complete timestamp for an old mail?

Comment

Working...
                      X