KDE Making It Easy To Tune Your Laptop's Power Profile, Other Improvements Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post

Really, You have possession of a product not shipping for 4 months? Do tell how this has come to be. Don't get me wrong, I love Plasma and have a reservation for a deck, but unless you can post a picture of one in your hands, I'm calling BS.
    I think it was a figure of speech. But even it isn't: who's to say he doesn't work for Valve? Employees working on the Deck probably already have a prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post

Really, You have possession of a product not shipping for 4 months? Do tell how this has come to be. Don't get me wrong, I love Plasma and have a reservation for a deck, but unless you can post a picture of one in your hands, I'm calling BS.
      I bought it on eBay

Comment

Originally posted by extremesquared View Post

I am pointing out that minor complaints about a software project will fall on deaf ears when it is the only option. The complaints are invalid until they are presented alongside a viable alternative. This is an annoyingly common thing in day-to-day life as well...
        "Why did you choose X? There are problems with X."
        "Because mission cannot be completed with Y."
        "But there are problems with X!"

The amount of anger spawned from this way of thinking is absolutely baffling.
        And yet it's not an incoherent way of thinking.
        True argument for X would have been "because Y is unfit for this and that, and we don't have the resources (time/money/license) to adjust it for our needs".

Of course if people just say basically "we decided to go with Y, deal with it" it will spawn anger. XD

Comment

Working...
        X