Chrome 92 Released With crypto.randomUUID, Security Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

That makes me glad that, when I need Chrome, I'm running Ungoogled Chromium in Incognito Mode in Flatpak with manually narrowed permissions so it can only see its own downloads folder, separate from those used by things like my Flatpak'd copies of Deluge and JDownloader. Amnesia and blindness to the greatest feasible extent by default.
    At the risk of sounding like someone who has a superiority complex: Those poor Windows users... like fish in a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
      ^^^ Even more reason to use Firefox, seriously guys, there's no excuse. Firefox is just way better. Ignore the benchmarks on this one.

We just need Mozilla to stop doing so many brain dead design decisions with every update.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post

We just need Mozilla to stop doing so many brain dead design decisions with every update.
        I'm really surprised you think that. I love the latest look. I don't think it can get any cleaner.

Comment

^^^ Even more reason to use Firefox, seriously guys, there's no excuse. Firefox is just way better. Ignore the benchmarks on this one.
          does Firefox support offscreen canvas yet, or is it still stuck doing all canvas drawing on the main thread?

Comment

I'm really surprised you think that. I love the latest look. I don't think it can get any cleaner.

I loved the latest look... after I added some userChrome.css to connect the selected tab back to its content pane to complement various other hacks it had already needed before, like "remove or de-iconify entries in context menu", "hide stupid/pointless thumbnail in bookmark popup, etc.

(And, of course, I'm worried about how they consider the "Compact" density to be deprecated and only available to newly created profiles if you toggle an about:config boolean. More massaging the users to make the telemetry agree with their preconceived conclusions, and more userChrome.css hackery on the horizon.)

I just wish they could get it through their heads to keep what Chrome does right and fix what it does wrong, rather than the other way around. (But then I suspect their new tab design was inspired by Safari's awkward new look that everyone hates.)
            Last edited by ssokolow; 27 July 2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X