Wine 6.13 Released With Proper Scrollbar Theming, More PE Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.13 Released With Proper Scrollbar Theming, More PE Conversion

Phoronix: Wine 6.13 Released With Proper Scrollbar Theming, More PE Conversion

The Wine project usually puts out new open-source development releases reliably every other week, but as is sometimes the case during the summer months, last Friday's was missed due to summer holidays. That update -- Wine 6.13 -- has now shipped today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ok, on
    Phoronix: Wine 6.12 Released With More PE Conversion, New Themes In celebrating the US holiday weekend, Wine 6.12 has arrived for popping in enjoying the latest Windows games and applications on Linux... https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Wine-6.12-Released

I have shown screenshots of the different themes on WINE 6.12.
    Now the update for 6.13, too.

But now exists a bug, that somethimes the tab handling is defect.

Where is the cooperation between ReactOS and WINE? ReactOS have for a long time scrollbar theming. Have they put its own changes under the GPL, so that WINE can't using it?

Greetings
    theuserbl

Comment

Why does Wine look like Windows 95?
      Why doesn't it look like Windows 10?

Ubuntu still ships old Wine version 5.0.3. 😥️

Comment

Don't know why the link to this picture don't work in my previous post
        So here again

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

You can choose a theme in winecfg. Also, you can add the official Wine repository to receive 6.13.

Comment

Originally posted by theuserbl View Post
            So here again
            Oh, I found a way to make it look like Windows 10.

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

You can choose a theme in winecfg. Also, you can add the official Wine repository to receive 6.13.
            Yeah, but it's a bit boring that the one in Debian is still so old. Hopefully it gets updated soon.

Comment

Originally posted by theuserbl View Post
              So here again
              Why is still my posting, for that the quoted text with the picture is only an addendum, still not published? Its still under "Unapproved".

Comment

Horrible news here wine developers class Ubuntu provided wine as bastard version. Why a bastard version is the Ubuntu maintainers add patches without in fact altering the version string to show so. So thing that should work with mainline 5.0.3 wine will not work with Ubuntu wine 5.0.3

Oh, I found a way to make it look like Windows 10.

Yeah, but it's a bit boring that the one in Debian is still so old. Hopefully it gets updated soon.
                OK yes you can do this. But this does not answer why wine looks line Windows 9x/2000 out the box. There are two reasons for this.

1) performance
                Interesting enough if you manage to disable all theming in windows 10 it will return to Windows 9x/2000 look. With theming disabled by wine or windows both are in fact slightly faster. Welcome to windows API design fun that you have to choose between performance and appearance.
                2) avoiding possible trademark issues.
                Surprise surprise the default colour pattern of Window 1.0-2000 is not Microsoft but basically lifted from IBM OS/2 work that is lifted from IBM old AIX GUI experiments with running X11 desktops on it that predates IBM and Microsoft joint project. XP and newer in fact have a new colour sets these sets are is in fact Microsoft own that Microsoft could in theory take out a trademark on and claim trademark breach for using,

Yes both of those issues are linked to each other. Why bother matching windows 10 appearance exactly when the result is lower performance and the project possible being delayed by legal action. Now if a person wants to provide the theme third party the core wine project will not stand in way and this is very suitable as does result if Microsoft does decide to do legal action the core project over the appearance the core project of wine development will not be halted by a cease and desist over this.

Wine has implemented a lot of code to support windows theme files.

Comment

Working...
                X