Audacity 3.0 Digital Audio Editor Released With New File Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
    Would agree. It work but unfortunately it relies on some pretty antiquated librarys for audio affects and codecs. So operations are single threaded and time consuming.
    I agree about the time consuming parts but I don't think it actually matters what you use. From what I heard, some audio formats (like MP3) can't be multi-threaded when exporting.
    However, I figure it ought to be possible to use more modern instruction sets to speed up the encoding process. That's up to the library devs though, not Audacity's.

Comment

Hold up - are they actually storing audio files in the Sqlite DB? In tables? I sure hope they aren't doing something as idiotic and fucked up as that.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        Hold up - are they actually storing audio files in the Sqlite DB? In tables? I sure hope they aren't doing something as idiotic and fucked up as that.
        Depending on the size of the clips Audacity breaks the project into, SQLite may actually be faster. I trust that they've done their homework.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Depending on the size of the clips Audacity breaks the project into, SQLite may actually be faster. I trust that they've done their homework.
          No. I've specifically seen this done before for a mobile app, and it's an absolutely fucked up and shitty method of doing things. This is an idiotic idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

No. I've specifically seen this done before for a mobile app, and it's an absolutely fucked up and shitty method of doing things. This is an idiotic idea.
            Well, we'll see what happens.

Excuse me if I don't take your word that Audacity and some random unspecified mobile app implemented it similarly enough to draw conclusions about the former from the latter without any citations or methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Well, we'll see what happens.

Excuse me if I don't take your word that Audacity and some random unspecified mobile app implemented it similarly enough to draw conclusions about the former from the latter without any citations or methodology.
              Excuse me if you don't realise that shoving whole audio files into a SQL table column is ridiculously idiotic and should be thrown out as soon as it's proposed.

Comment

Working...
              X