Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.1 Alpha Released

Phoronix: Qt 6.1 Alpha Released

Just two months after the release of Qt 6.0, given the quicker release cycle this year, Qt 6.1 Alpha is already available that follows the feature freeze that began earlier this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anybody know what kind of changes need to happen to port Qt 5 apps to Qt 6? I'm assuming it's not too traumatic but I'd be curious since everything is still on 5x (and that's not necessarily a bad thing since it's pretty mature).

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      Does anybody know what kind of changes need to happen to port Qt 5 apps to Qt 6? I'm assuming it's not too traumatic but I'd be curious since everything is still on 5x (and that's not necessarily a bad thing since it's pretty mature).
      No, and Google also doesn't spit it out as the first result when typing in "port qt5 to qt6".

Comment

Well, I ported qt4->qt5 (python) the API is very similar, so it was quite fast and easy.
        I guess that port qt5->qt6 will not be hard, they mostly added new features

Comment

You can discover changes here: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/modulechanges.html

Comment

I looked for:
            migration qt5 qt6
            and found:

Comment

Almost nothing. Especially if you are already using 5.15 deprecated warning free. A whole suite of deprecation warnings were added in 5.15 to smooth over migration.

Comment

Working...
              X