Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leo_sk
    replied
    I had no problem using kde wayland since last year except the fact that I can't apply blur to individual applications (such as firefox or yakuake). Until there is something that can do this in wayland, I am sadly stuck with x.org

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Just tired - it got a lot better, I don't see that glitch in Kmail anymore! Thanks for prompting to test it again.

Now the only major feature that's missing that prevents me from switching is support for adaptive sync (variable refresh rate). That's a major thing for gaming.
    Yay!

This is why it's always important to check again before complaining. Lots of KDE stuff moves at a very rapid clip. Things that were broken a few months ago may be fixed today!

Leave a comment:

• vsteel
    replied
    One of my resolutions is to stay on top of the beta to try and make sure multi monitor works great. 2 different size monitors and one is rotated really throws X for a loop. I want to see if can make sure that doesn't happen with Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Is the fix already implemented in KWin not working for you?
    Just tired - it got a lot better, I don't see that glitch in Kmail anymore! Thanks for prompting to test it again.

Now the only major feature that's missing that prevents me from switching is support for adaptive sync (variable refresh rate). That's a major thing for gaming.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Last time I tried, Kmail was still buggy after that fix so I stayed on X11 session. Let me try again with the very recent plasma.

Leave a comment:

• Bladeforce
    replied
    I love KDE. Cant use it as my daily driver though because the application dashboard becomes a resource hogger when theres thousands of shortcuts in there and the whole system freezes until it updates the applications. Other than that its great

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Looking forward to production ready fix for subsurfaces clipping bug.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Aryma View Post
    there hope to rewrite kwin ?
    There is KwinFT project, but I hope KDE developers will come to some terms how to cooperate on it, instead of just forking it forever.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bull
    replied
    Looking forward to see KwinFT as a production-ready drop-in replacement.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Looking forward to production ready fix for subsurfaces clipping bug.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X