KDE Begins Landing "Breeze Evolution" Refresh For Default Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Could you investigate moving all KDE configuration files into $HOME/.config/kde instead of making a mess in $HOME/.config ?
    Seems reasonable. I can look into it. It might need to wait for KDE Frameworks 6 though.

Comment

ahmed has posted the same issue for at least the last 3 weeks without responding to prompts for a link to a bug.

I always change the icon these from Breeze to Oxygen too. I find Oxygen icons more familiar & distinguishable via their visual detail than Breeze.

Comment

Add another +1 for the oxy style icons. Thanks for link Birdie
        Current flat dull shit is for the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Seems reasonable. I can look into it. It might need to wait for KDE Frameworks 6 though.
          AFAIK configs where in their own folder, but it was changed in KDE5. You probably want to check why it was changed.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

AFAIK configs where in their own folder, but it was changed in KDE5. You probably want to check why it was changed.
            IIRC they used to be in ~/.kde4, which was not XDG compliant. However I don't believe there's a requirement that using the XDG location (~/.config) means that you have to put your config files in the dir itself and not a subdirectory. Probably we could to both.

Comment

"KWin's Wayland virtual keyboard now works for GTK applications too"

Awesome! I'll be able to use Firefox on Plasma Mobile! I don't much care for Phosh, but at least FF is usable.
              Does this carry over into other maliit stuff? Will it help Lomiri? While it's still new and buggy, Manjaro Lomiri is pretty great on my pinephone.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
                I would appreciate it if they could find some of the memory leaks in kwin.

When I reboot my PC, kwin starts at about 80MB.
                After 5 days it has gone up to about 400MB.

1086 user 394.4M 445.9M 389.5M 0.0k kwin_x11 -session
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                pid owner smap-pss smap-rss private swap Name
                You could be a bit more helpful and use htop on that. That'll tell you which thread is leaking, making further investigations easier.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  The first thing to do after installing KDE in your distro is to install and enable the Oxygen Icon Theme (or even Crystal Remix) and widget style.

The default icon set and style are absolute unmitigated grey low-contrast indidstinguishable crap no one should be ever subjected to. The UI must be instantly recognizeable, and easy to read. KDE "designers" decided to copy the Windows 10 design and in the process made KDE a thousand times worse.

This was so beautiful:

Hello so ...  My name? Nuno Pinheiro. Ocupation? Heee Designer Stuf. Location? Portugalio. Age? C'mon don't ask things like that...., but ap...

There's a oxygen reboot being worked on

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I agree with birdie that Breeze doesn't have the best contrast and stuff, but I agree with you that Oxygen is pretty fugly.
                    I personally like the very low contrast, contrast result in distraction and noise amid usable elements, the problem in my view is that contrast is very unforgiving when you have poor typography and layout, be + or - contrast. KDE is full of misalignment, uneven padding and margins, strong variation of density of elements from too much compacted information to huge spaces without anything, plus there is a lot of design experimentation on how to implement interface functionality. Anyway I agree KDE lacks some contrast, but what comes into mind is not gummy panels and buttons.
                    Last edited by RomuloP; 03 October 2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Looks more familiar to Deepin.
                      I'll stay with Sweet KDE Kvantum theme i'm considering the best for me recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X