Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.38's Mutter Gets More Optimizations - ~10% Lower Render Time In Some Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    if you desperately need it, why don't you create it?
    Do you mean I could either learn C/C++ well enough to complete a massive software project on my own, or win the lottery in order to have ten million dollars to pay for 20-50 programmers to create such thing? Have you ever considered realism?

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
      Do you mean I could either learn C/C++ well enough to complete a massive software project on my own, or win the lottery in order to have ten million dollars to pay for 20-50 programmers to create such thing? Have you ever considered realism?
      first, if you are desperate enough, you could learn c++. second, if you are not crazy, there are other people like you and you can pool your resources

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post

Cinnamon devs never even mention Wayland on linuxmint.com blog posts. Cinnamon did port improvements from Gnome earlier 3.3x releases though.
        What I want to talk about though is porting Cinnamon to Wayland. Well, users mostly don't care or don't know Wayland exists. They wouldn't want to worry about mouse cursor disappearing or missing labels below icons or any weird stuff.
        Very likely, port to Wayland would be considered at the same time as a port to GTK4. Why waste time doing this on GTK3?
        So, status of Gnome 4.x on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS determines Cinnamon 5.0 development.
        There is discussion about Wayland on their GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          first, if you are desperate enough, you could learn c++. second, if you are not crazy, there are other people like you and you can pool your resources
          Unlike you, I am actually a professional software developer and can understand the complications of writing massive software, especially when it has to be written in a fairly complicated language such as C or C++. One would need years of experience to start working (as a lead) on something so critical as a display server. And not just experience with writing the chosen programming language, but also experience from working with similar display server-related projects in order to properly understand the pitfalls and delicate details.

Comment

Canonical make a lot of different

Comment

Working...
            X