Kodi 19 Alpha 1 Released With AV1 Decoding, Many Other HTPC Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 19 Alpha 1 Released With AV1 Decoding, Many Other HTPC Improvements

Phoronix: Kodi 19 Alpha 1 Released With AV1 Decoding, Many Other HTPC Improvements

Kodi 19 "Matrix" Alpha 1 has been released for this very popular, cross-platform open-source HTPC software...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...pha-1-Released

Minor typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Support for game controllers for Kodi on IOS.
    iOS

Comment

I wonder if on Windows they caught up with the awesome high quality of MPC-HC + MadVr.
      It would be great at least if HDR movies are properly rendered now on normal monitors and TV like MPC-HC can do it because of MadVr's conversion from HDR to SDR.

I'm curios at least if Kodi can do now hardware decoding like MPC-HC, it always seemed to be way behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        It would be great at least if HDR movies are properly rendered now on normal monitors and TV like MPC-HC can do it because of MadVr's conversion from HDR to SDR.
        This is something that I have been getting very much into. It is actually quite hard to get looking right.

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
          This is something that I have been getting very much into. It is actually quite hard to get looking right.
          Yes, it takes me a while to find the right tone mapping settings for my vacations photos, when I shoot for HDR. I wouldn't want to do that for video.

Comment

Unfortunately many Addons are still just Python 2 and many of them are in this horrible xml format that no one can read and that is a huge pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
            X