X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240Hz
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    240Hz All the big distributors made an independent and thorough evaluation on the desktops. And they consistently picked GNOME.
    Which is why Desktop linux is a joke with an irrelevant market share and not taken seriously by anyone. Thanks trannies at Gnome HQ!

Leave a comment:

• kef71
    replied
    Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

Many people do like it.

I think that if people want a different interface, they have many choices. Gnome should keep doing what they do.
    Then I am not "most people".

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied
    240Hz All the big distributors made an independent and thorough evaluation on the desktops. And they consistently picked GNOME.
    No doubt that microsoft and IBM prefer gnome.

Originally posted by nabero View Post

Unfortunately, putting more developers on KDE won't make it a better DE. At least we have a usable one, no need for more.
    yes it would.

Leave a comment:

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
    So many years with the worst user interface...

I hope GNOME4 stops using this android/mac interface and moves to something more usable.
    Many people do like it.

I think that if people want a different interface, they have many choices. Gnome should keep doing what they do.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

The reason macOS, Android, and iOS use that style of interface is because it is modern and *most* people find it more usable. More OS's use this style today than don't and most have elements of it (ala Win10/KDE) Gnome 3 was a pioneer of this style.. And *you* don't have to like it, XFCE exists and is great too.
    I take it you haven't kept up with XFCE then. The CSD and GTK3 transition is making them closer to GNOME and Mate than what XFCE traditionalists would like...to the point that it risks becoming GNOME JR with 4.16. A quick glace at their forums shows a bit of backlash against it and some users are even sticking to older versions. I moved to Plasma myself. Qt was the lesser of two evils. CSD vs CLA; CLA won

The GTK3 transition was enough for me to jump ship so I get a whenever I read up on recent XFCE news.

Leave a comment:

• k1e0x
    replied
    Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
    So many years with the worst user interface...

I hope GNOME4 stops using this android/mac interface and moves to something more usable.
    The reason macOS, Android, and iOS use that style of interface is because it is modern and *most* people find it more usable. More OS's use this style today than don't and most have elements of it (ala Win10/KDE) Gnome 3 was a pioneer of this style.. And *you* don't have to like it, XFCE exists and is great too.

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    I hope a lot more performance improvements land by 3.38, and maybe eventually have input be a separate thread. While I don't have a strong opinion on the aesthetics of gnome, I really don't like choppy animations or input hiccups.

Leave a comment:

• Raka555
    replied
    I am a KDE plasma user these days, but I was probably one of a handful of people who liked Unity.
    At first I hated Unity because it was forced upon us when we weren't ready for it.
    They should have released it along side the "classic" desktop for a few years.
    It is really a pity Canonical "Abandoned" Unity.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    I'm very late to the party, but I'm finally getting into tiling and stacking window managers. Can't imagine ever being satisfied with a DE like Gnome in the future.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    The last proper user study on open-source desktop environments was Sun Microsystems and Gnome 2.

https://people.gnome.org/~calum/usab...port_main.html

I think Gnome 3 has just won by proxy because... it has a similar name? this is probably why Microsoft renamed "MS Cool" to C#. To attract those that just assume newer versions are implicitly better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X