Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.6 Continues Media Foundation Enablement

Phoronix: Wine 5.6 Continues Media FOundation Enablement

Wine 5.6 is out as the latest bi-weekly snapshot of this program for running Windows applications and games under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Code:
    Alistair Leslie-Hughes (2):
        winmm: Use CreateFileA instead of OpenFile.
    Yeah, TrackMania Nations Forever/United Forever should have all sounds working now on Devel! (Previous version of patch was added in 5.5 Staging). Now to get these backported to Proton (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/wine/pull/89)

Comment

A total of 38 known bug fixes are part of this release including various fixes for Star Wars, MySQL 8, Explorer++, Roblox Studio, WebEx Meeting, and other programs.
      ...what?!

Roblox Studio?!?! I never knew that could run under Wine, but you know what, I don't want to hear that name!!!
      It just hurts my ears every time I hear that fucking crap, like, when I hear that name it feels like somebody is yelling into my ears!

That terrible useless thing without any sort of management console, like, my girlfriend wants to freaking see who did this X thing or this Y thing, but no, there is no way to know! Like, Minecraft did it better! They have a console in where you can see what players do!

Ugh, I can't even be here..

...you know what, just ignore this post... I am burning out...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

...what?!

Roblox Studio?!?! I never knew that could run under Wine, but you know what, I don't want to hear that name!!!
        It just hurts my ears every time I hear that fucking crap, like, when I hear that name it feels like somebody is yelling into my ears!

That terrible useless thing without any sort of management console, like, my girlfriend wants to freaking see who did this X thing or this Y thing, but no, there is no way to know! Like, Minecraft did it better! They have a console in where you can see what players do!

Ugh, I can't even be here..

...you know what, just ignore this post... I am burning out...

That's so bizarre, I was at a talk where the guy said they switched all servers of roblox to linux and avoided a huge licensing fee , there was no mention of roblox studio.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
          Wake me up when RE2 & 3 remake works out of the box.
          A friend of mine can't even get it to work properly on Windows, its just an uncooperative game.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
            Wake me up when RE2 & 3 remake works out of the box.
            Getting them to work in the box would be more impressive actually. But why would you buy a boxed copy in 2020 though?

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

A friend of mine can't even get it to work properly on Windows, its just an uncooperative game.
              uncooperative game...i like that phrase

Comment

Working...
              X