Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmarks Of Firefox 74 + Firefox 75 Beta On Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Benchmarks Of Firefox 74 + Firefox 75 Beta On Linux

    Phoronix: Benchmarks Of Firefox 74 + Firefox 75 Beta On Linux

    With the release of Firefox 74.0 yesterday and that also pushing Firefox 75.0 to beta, here are some fresh benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux of Firefox 73 vs. 74 vs. 75 Beta, both out-of-the-box and when force enabling WebRender...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Beta-Benchmark

  • #2
    Anyone tested the VAAPI video acceleration on the B75 on Wayland?

    Comment


    • #3
      Michael the new design/layout of the graphs are gorgeous, congrats 👏🏻👏🏻

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
        Michael the new design/layout of the graphs are gorgeous, congrats 👏🏻👏🏻
        Thanks, still a work-in-progress - feedback always welcome.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          For now, looks like the same cr*p, again... hoping for MS Edge to come to Linux to replace the LazyFox... privacy is nice, but performance is crucial.

          Wonder how long they will be playing the privacy card while not improving anything else... hint: is hurting them...

          Comment


          • #6
            Off topic, but possibly of interest - there's a new project called Librewolf, which is putting out releases now in a manner for Firefox similar to what ungoogled-chromium is doing for Chromium. https://gitlab.com/librewolf-communi...nux/-/releases

            Comment


            • #7
              A viable alternative is always important. The only thing keeping google from going full microsoft is that there is still an alternative. I don't mean aternative rendering engine, I mean something out of their control. They would love nothing more than to just kill off all ad blockers, and let us all get stuck in big brother land, for the excuse of selling us better ads and letting us live in our own bubble.
              Every time they try it in recent memory, people site alternates out of google's control to keep them in check.

              Choice & keeping control out of a single entity is always important.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by enigmaxg2 View Post
                For now, looks like the same cr*p, again... hoping for MS Edge to come to Linux to replace the LazyFox... privacy is nice, but performance is crucial.

                Wonder how long they will be playing the privacy card while not improving anything else... hint: is hurting them...

                I strongly disagree. Since you brought up the market share of browsers, let me ask you: How many of all the people using browsers actually know about the differences between them? These JavaScript benchmarks are mostly academic in nature. As long as the browser performs adequately, most users won't even notice a difference. The feature set (supporting good adblockers and other addons, smooth video playback of all relevant codecs, DRM stuff - yes, people want to watch netflix - and so on) is much more important. I am quite convinced that any browser that is being promoted by google will achieve the largest market share. So, let's hope that Firefox sticks around so we don't end up with multiple skins of essentially the same browser (Chrome, Opera, Edge). That's the only way to ensure a web conforming to standards which works on all devices.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GruenSein View Post

                  I strongly disagree. Since you brought up the market share of browsers, let me ask you: How many of all the people using browsers actually know about the differences between them? These JavaScript benchmarks are mostly academic in nature. As long as the browser performs adequately, most users won't even notice a difference. The feature set (supporting good adblockers and other addons, smooth video playback of all relevant codecs, DRM stuff - yes, people want to watch netflix - and so on) is much more important. I am quite convinced that any browser that is being promoted by google will achieve the largest market share. So, let's hope that Firefox sticks around so we don't end up with multiple skins of essentially the same browser (Chrome, Opera, Edge). That's the only way to ensure a web conforming to standards which works on all devices.
                  Those of us that remember the IE6 days, did not forget how awful the internet was when a browser achieved 99% of marketshare.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by enigmaxg2 View Post
                    For now, looks like the same cr*p, again... hoping for MS Edge to come to Linux to replace the LazyFox... privacy is nice, but performance is crucial.

                    Wonder how long they will be playing the privacy card while not improving anything else... hint: is hurting them...

                    Since when market share is a benchmark for quality? Internet explorer dominated the market share for decades....

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X