• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragon321
    replied
    Originally posted by rastersoft View Post

But under Gnome Shell or KDE I doubt it would work as expected
    Isn't it already possible? Latte Dock works on KDE Wayland session. As for GNOME, isn't Desktop Icons NG extension do similar thing to make window with icons stay below everything?

Leave a comment:

• rastersoft
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    Any shell can do that. Its just an ui to create a desktop file in place and add it to where ever you want it.
    In fact, that's not true anymore: under Wayland, a program can't specify where a window is placed, neither whether it stays "on top" nor "at the bottom", both important things for elements like bars, docks and desktop icons. That's why doing these kind of things in Wayland usually require collaboration from the compositor, and that's why I suspect that this dock has been tested only in tiled window managers. But under Gnome Shell or KDE I doubt it would work as expected (I mean: to be able to keep it in an specific side of the screen, and always on-top).
    Last edited by rastersoft; 18 February 2020, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thaodan
    replied
    Any shell can do that. Its just an ui to create a desktop file in place and add it to where ever you want it.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    The ability to just use an icon and a command is one I wish more launchers/docks would allow.

I'll make a note of this for when I'm forced to switch to Wayland...

Leave a comment:

• LavaLauncher 1.6 Released As A Simple Dock/Launcher For Wayland

Phoronix: LavaLauncher 1.6 Released As A Simple Dock/Launcher For Wayland

If you have been looking for a simple dock/launcher that natively supports Wayland, LavaLauncher 1.6 is available as one such solution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X