Sure. It is here.
    Thank you.
    Running the linked openSUSE TW version.
    Can't say for sure if it helps.
    Any special tests/sites (vsync)?

Leave a comment:

• ktecho
    replied
    I would like to know what is improved with that kwin-lowlatency patches, as I'm using Plasma in an Intel APU and it works flawlessly.

One question: ¿does any of you knows if you can have different fractional scaling on different screens?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by Baguy View Post
    Those don't actually make a huge difference anyways. Roman did such a good job with the optimizations Kwin is extremely fast as it is. I honestly see next to no difference in speed with Kwin-lowlatency now.
    Exactly these changes where reverted before the 5.18 code freeze, so you likely fell victim of placebo.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Hello @tildearrow,

can you please resend your KWin-lowlatency repro?
    Besides that I compiled KDE last around 1998/1999 (!!!) I've more than interested.
    Maybe I can invite the openSUSE TW maintainer...
    Good job!
    Sure. It is here.

Leave a comment:

• Baguy
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

I'm using 5.18.0 on Arch Linux with an Intel Broadwell APU and 2x scaling. At least on Xorg I'm using the OpenGL 3.1 renderer, didn't check while I was using Wayland but unless it changed by itself it should be the same.
    The whole experience has been terrible under Wayland: it scales the UI worse than on Xorg, Chromium is blurry, Firefox does not work (or it's blurry on XWayland), vscode is blurry. The softwares I spend 99% of my time on simply don't work well enough. Of course I could compile chromium-ozone and electron-ozone, but considering Firefox didn't work on Wayland I fear it would be a waste of time. Especially because even Plasma applications like the system settings started to corrupt the font rendering after a while. It's simply not worth it right now, unless you desperately need per-screen scaling.
    With my Vega 8 on my 3500U and my desktop's RX 590, i have had no issues with the fractional scaling on Wayland. I don't personally use integer scales. Does it look clear with a fractional value? Might want to make a bug report.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Baguy View Post

Subsurface rendering support is still missing/broken. For the blurriness, Kwin relies on a filter to cleanup the scaling. Are you using OpenGL 3.0, and are you sure your on Plasm 5.18 and Kwin 5.18 and not something like Kwin 5.17.4?
    I'm using 5.18.0 on Arch Linux with an Intel Broadwell APU and 2x scaling. At least on Xorg I'm using the OpenGL 3.1 renderer, didn't check while I was using Wayland but unless it changed by itself it should be the same.
    The whole experience has been terrible under Wayland: it scales the UI worse than on Xorg, Chromium is blurry, Firefox does not work (or it's blurry on XWayland), vscode is blurry. The softwares I spend 99% of my time on simply don't work well enough. Of course I could compile chromium-ozone and electron-ozone, but considering Firefox didn't work on Wayland I fear it would be a waste of time. Especially because even Plasma applications like the system settings started to corrupt the font rendering after a while. It's simply not worth it right now, unless you desperately need per-screen scaling.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Except that even after the Roman Gilg era KWin-lowlatency is not going to die.

They will never, ever merge full-screen unredirection... plus you'll know more about it later
    Hello @tildearrow,

can you please resend your KWin-lowlatency repro?
    Besides that I compiled KDE last around 1998/1999 (!!!) I've more than interested.
    Maybe I can invite the openSUSE TW maintainer...
    Good job!

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Hm, I'm not sure whether it's KDE or Arch, but for me the night light widget does nothing. I can only toggle night light from the settings.

Edit: It's not Arch, it doesn't work on Tumbleweed either
    Last edited by bug77; 13 February 2020, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Baguy
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Except that even after the Roman Gilg era KWin-lowlatency is not going to die.

They will never, ever merge full-screen unredirection... plus you'll know more about it later
    Just tried your Kwin-lowlatency for 5.18, and WOW! It really did make a difference! I don't know what it is, but it's running better than Kwin-lowlatency on 5.17.

Leave a comment:

• Baguy
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    I just tried it and Wayland support is still a complete disaster:
    - firefox does not work natively on wayland (I have to switch to a different window and then back to firefox to see the interface refresh)
    - all xwayland applications are BLURRY (I have scaling factor set to 2 in Plasma settings)
    Subsurface rendering support is still missing/broken. For the blurriness, Kwin relies on a filter to cleanup the scaling. Are you using OpenGL 3.0, and are you sure your on Plasm 5.18 and Kwin 5.18 and not something like Kwin 5.17.4?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X