Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royce
    replied
    Just for the record, focal currently has plasma-desktop/focal 4:5.17.90-0ubuntu3 amd64 (is this how kde folks mark pre-releases?)

Leave a comment:

• yossarianuk
    replied
    If you are running Neon you have already got it in the repos.

Even better than 5.17.x so far.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah, well, Michael Bay doesn't work for KDE. Not even (pardon the expression) Uwe Boll.
    I had already blocked those two from my mind, now you had to bring back all of those repressed memories...

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied

Now you're beginning to sound like 144Hz. It may be the best DE for you and me, but that doesn't make it better for everybody.
    At least you're not posting this in every Gnome thread
    I use GNOME and I 100% agree with this.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
    The best Linux desktop keeps getting better and better!
    Now you're beginning to sound like 144Hz. It may be the best DE for you and me, but that doesn't make it better for everybody.
    At least you're not posting this in every Gnome thread

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by chocolate View Post
    So that video is official?! That it was decided to put a stinky bug walking on a filthy keyboard, with actual grime under the keys, as an opening shot... is quite appalling.
    Indeed. It's disgusting. I don't mean bug, but this keyboard..

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied

Yeah, well, Michael Bay doesn't work for KDE. Not even (pardon the expression) Uwe Boll.
    Then it would perhaps be best to not put out a video that deters users from using your product rather than enticing them.

Or just postpone it until enough volunteers show up to make it useful. As it stands, it also has other mistakes; for example, features are not explained much, everything passes too fast to process it for a newcomer (otherwise, who is the video for?), and there's no voice. Well, actually there is a voice, because there's also a distracting song, whereas every other technology video in history uses a simple and uplifting jingle, or emotionally evocative ambient music.

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied
    The best Linux desktop keeps getting better and better!

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by chocolate View Post
    So that video is official?! That it was decided to put a stinky bug walking on a filthy keyboard, with actual grime under the keys, as an opening shot... is quite appalling.

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X