GNOME 3.36 Beta Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gedgon View Post

Fuk me, before clicking I checked if there was nobody around, muted the sound... and what a fricking relief! Not a single little anime girl dancing!

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post

Fuk me, before clicking I checked if there was nobody around, muted the sound... and what a fricking relief! Not a single little anime girl dancing!
      gnome-anime-girls, kfurries... we're never free of degeneracy

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        The GNOMErs are also planning a x 1.20.8 release. You know the drill; Xwayland fixes timed for GNOME releases
        You mean a Red Hat developer..

Comment

Is Epiphany sandboxed yet? Does it use Flatpak? Does it run confined?
          Else, Epiphany is not worth it when there is Firefox and Chrome.

As for gedit, I would love to see multi-cursor support so that you can simultaneously modify things on multiple lines. By the way, I just discovered a new feature in gedit while reading the source code, if you click on the search glass icon when using the find feature you can toggle regular expressions and match case. It is pretty well hidden, not the most obvious feature.

Can the gnome-shell-extension-tool tool generate ES6 classes yet, or do you still get that ugly JavaScript hack?

As for GNOME Calculator, well Microsoft is working on adding graphical plotting support to the Windows Calculator.

As for Nautilus file manager, it now supports "Starring" files and folders, which is like favorites, then you find them when clicking on "Starred" in the sidebar.

I still dislike the GNOME Shell animation that goes from bottom-right to top-left, and would prefer it slide from bottom to top like the drawer on Android.

Comment

royce looks like they initiated work in that area.
            https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1042
            👌 I've seen other MRs with preparatory work as well. Doesn't look like that'll make it to 3.36 though. Hopefully Canonical will backport it to their LTS as they've done with other fixes into Bionic.

Comment

My favorite MR on 3.35.x

What’s yours?
              The 2019 MR2.

Comment

The MR is pretty ambitious though and there's been no discussion on it yet, I don't feel it'll be on time for it. It won't fix the issue by itself anyhow but rather lay down some groundwork, as far as I can see.

Comment

Gnome is a lot like the ideology of political correctness and liberalism. Its championed by "those at the top" the big donors, but we the ordinary people just want a usable desktop that works well, hence Gnome goes straight into the garbage.

Comment

Working...
                  X