Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.36 Beta Released With Many Changes

Phoronix: GNOME 3.36 Beta Released With Many Changes

GNOME 3.35.90 is available this weekend as the first of two betas towards GNOME 3.36...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    My favorite MR on 3.35.x https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/867 What’s yours?
    shut the f*** up~ another kind way of tell someone to be quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      My favorite MR on 3.35.x

What’s yours?
      "Solve mouse pointer lag on Wayland"

Oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
        "Solve mouse pointer lag on Wayland"
        So my Broadwell based laptop has had major issues with lag under wayland, but none under x11. I assumed wayland was just broken everywhere for everyone. Then I tried OpenSUSE tumbleweed and realized wayland was smooth there. Tried wayland on my Arch install and the lag was back, especially noticable under heavy CPU load like compiling jobs in the background.

Any ideas? Need to reinstall? Wayland doesn't give you many options to tweak(unlike Xorg) and only difference I see are little things like loginctl ID is 2 on Arch but 1 on OpenSUSE.
        Last edited by slacka; 08 February 2020, 06:08 PM.

Comment

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/903 --> my biggest single issue with gnome right now. Makes it unusable when I need to work.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

So my Broadwell based laptop has had major issues with lag under wayland, but none under x11. I assumed wayland was just broken everywhere for everyone. Then I tried OpenSUSE tumbleweed and realized wayland was smooth there. Tried wayland on my Arch install and the lag was back, especially noticable under heavy CPU load like compiling jobs in the background.

Any ideas? Need to reinstall? Wayland doesn't give you many options to tweak(unlike Xorg) and only difference I see are little things like loginctl ID is 2 on Arch but 1 on OpenSUSE.
            Get the source packages for Mutter and the shell and see what patches they're applying. Guess I'll end up doing that because now I'm curious.

Are you sure it didn't break anything?

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

wayland is on the same path as DNF = DO NOT FINISH

Comment

but on that note, im interested to see this new an improved Epiphany. , i always hated the Bookmarking system in that crapola browser

Comment

video of whats New in Gnome-3.36 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUa...ature=emb_logo

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    Fuk me, before clicking I checked if there was nobody around, muted the sound... and what a fricking relief! Not a single little anime girl dancing!

Comment

Working...
                    X