KDE Plasma & Friends See Many Fixes + Improvements Ahead Of Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    240Hz As a gender fluid person myself I can’t approve of this behavior. Please stop and get back ontopic.
    Thank you for proving my point. Please leave the KDE and Linux desktops alone and stick to C.O.C and outreachy

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post

Thank you for proving my point. Please leave the KDE and Linux desktops alone and stick to C.O.C and outreachy
      Why have you hiding on an alternative account rather than posting with your main one.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz
        What's the problem ? We discuss and try to deal with problems, as everywhere else including Gnome, because the world is a difficult place and not everyone thinks the same way, so we need to understand the needs of others too. Or you can live in your little world where only you are with blinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Why have you hiding on an alternative account rather than posting with your main one.
          Please stay on topic, thank you.

Comment

wow... this has got to be one of the most pathetic threads I've seen on Phoronix in a looong while...

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of the "everything needs a code of conduct" train, but Phoronix really needs some sort of one.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                ssokolow Spot on. CLA has super bad consequences like this.
                I have to quote this guy.

Originally posted by Cinemassacre
                ...and it's hilarious that if you look at the rest of the specs, the Super Nintendo outshines the Genesis in almost every other detail, but they found that ONE thing to exploit, and that's the
                nature of marketing.
                One time I had a playful argument about chocolate milk, and this is two grown adults, I might add.
                I was working at a convenience store and every day I drink this milk mixed with a chocolate mix, and my friend would always drink the regular chocolate milk out of the bottle. I told him mine was better, so we compared nutrition facts and turns out mine had less sugar, more vitamins, and was better in just about every way; but his had a little more vitamin D in it, so every day then he would come into work sipping his chocolate milk and go "Love that Vitamin D!"
                Yeah, we got bored at work a lot...
                ...aaaand 144Hz's doing the same. Qt is better than GTK in every way possible, but he found that "CLA" thingy, and now he uses it to no end in an attempt to make GTK seem cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                  I'm not usually a fan of the "everything needs a code of conduct" train, but Phoronix really needs some sort of one.
                  There is a difference between a Code of Conduct and the Forum Rules.

A Code of Conduct establishes parameters on how you have to behave.
                  Forum Rules, on the other hand, allow you to do anything, except what is set in the rules.

Also, forgot to mention. Most "Code of Conducts" are written by feminists who only want to subliminally discriminate against the male race (and often even let the "distorted" "genders" (lesbian, gay, transgender, etc.) in).
                  Last edited by tildearrow; 22 December 2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    Qt is better than GTK in every way possible, but he found that "CLA" thingy, and now he uses it to no end in an attempt to make GTK seem cooler.
                    Shocking, a toolkit with 20+ developers is better than a toolkit with 2-3 developers.

IMHO I'd argue that GTK is better for people who don't want to touch C++ or want a much simpler toolkit.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

There is a difference between a Code of Conduct and the Forum Rules.

A Code of Conduct establishes parameters on how you have to behave.
                      Forum Rules, on the other hand, allow you to do anything, except what is set in the rules.

Also, forgot to mention. Most "Code of Conducts" are written by feminists who only want to subliminally discriminate against the male race (and often even let the "distorted" genders (lesbian, gay, transgender, etc.) in).
                      I didn't know gay was a gender.

Comment

Working...
                      X