Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma & Friends See Many Fixes + Improvements Ahead Of Christmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Plasma & Friends See Many Fixes + Improvements Ahead Of Christmas

    Phoronix: KDE Plasma & Friends See Many Fixes + Improvements Ahead Of Christmas

    KDE developers haven't let up ahead of the holidays in their relentless work for improving the KDE desktop and contained applications...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Christmas-2019

  • #2
    Originally posted by DanL
    ^Post above has been flagged. Please don't bite.
    This time, I'm actually not sure it is.

    The link points to a very recent post on the kde-promo mailing list that's basically saying "The Qt Company is trying to pressure the KDE Free Qt Foundation into accepting the non-commercially-licensed Qt options being made less useful. Here's some info on why not doing that benefits everyone. Please apply pressure if you see Qt Company people at industry events."

    Comment


    • #3
      ssokolow Spot on. CLA has super bad consequences like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        This time, I'm actually not sure it is.
        It's vaguely related (at best) to the topic of this week's KDE improvements. As I said, the link may be interesting, but this isn't the place for it...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DanL View Post

          It's vaguely related (at best) to the topic of this week's KDE improvements. As I said, the link may be interesting, but this isn't the place for it...
          Your discussion about it does not belong any more in here, yet you're having it...

          Personally it relates to KDE so I think it's fine to have it here. Michael could always make an article out of it for more info/discussion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Again some nice improvements this week :-) I just miss some important bug fixing for Wayland.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              ssokolow Spot on. CLA has super bad consequences like this.
              You are a retarded troll who wants to kill the linux desktop by promoting the gnome monstrosity

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 240Hz View Post

                You are a retarded troll who wants to kill the linux desktop by promoting the gnome monstrosity
                But what if he is the gnome monstrosity commenting on phoronix? Because I can't see how a real person could post the same comments forever, it's beyond trolling.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DanL
                  ^Post above has been flagged. Please don't bite.
                  Seems more ontopic than your comment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

                    But what if he is the gnome monstrosity commenting on phoronix? Because I can't see how a real person could post the same comments forever, it's beyond trolling.
                    The Gnome desktop is extremely popular in the tech community among individuals who dye their hair pink or purple and are currently in the process of transitioning between genders. 140Hz is a "little bit mentally unstable"

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X