GNOME Shell + Mutter Begin Landing Graphene Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    V1tol Got any profiling to back up the talk?
    I don't have neither knowledge nor time to profile GNOME. If you do, you can do profiling by yourself, show everyone that JS does not influence badly on overall performance and I will be the first person who will say "okay I was wrong". And what profiling will indicate in this case, since we should compare GNOME with JS and GNOME without JS to define overhead of Javascript?

But I do have user experience of GNOME on 12" Atom-based tablet. And even Clear Linux with latest GNOME is ridiculously slow in comparison of not-so-mega-optimized Ubuntu-based KDE Neon. And I do want to use GNOME on this tablet because it is really suitable for touchscreen but it eats CPU and consumes 1GB out of available 4GB RAM.

Comment

Mutter is a brilliant name. Mother of all compositors
      Your fanboyism is disgusting

Comment

V1tol No need for me to do profiling. The developers already did. And no findings support your guessing.
        [citation needed]

Comment

Mutter is a brilliant name. Mother of all compositors
          "Mutter" also means "nut" in Swedish. Make of that what you will

(nut as in "nuts and bolts", not the other kind..)

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Is anyone working on a true hardware cursor, presentation feedback and proper vsync for xwayland windowed?
            All those things are missing in Gnome 3.34 Wayland, while they are there with Sway.
            What exactly do you mean by "proper vsync for xwayland windowed"? That's ultimately an Xwayland issue and needs to be solved there, nothing the Wayland compositor can do about it (other than maybe not reparenting windows for the decorations, so they can actually hit the "fullscreen" path in Xwayland).

Originally posted by stingray454 View Post

"Mutter" also means "nut" in Swedish. Make of that what you will

(nut as in "nuts and bolts", not the other kind..)
            It has the same meaning in German, as well as "mother". The mother of compositors.

Comment

Working...
            X