Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Gets One Line Fix To Help With KDE KWin Crashing

Phoronix: Mesa Gets One Line Fix To Help With KDE KWin Crashing

Landing Thursday within Mesa 19.3 Git but marked for back-porting to the stable 19.1 and 19.2 series is an Intel driver fix to address an issue with KDE's KWin sometimes crashing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OK, thanks for the feedback. Never thought KWin would crash on 19.1/19.2. Haven't upgraded my laptop to it yet.

Comment

I thought the EGL backend had been deprecated on kwin_x11 - or is this for kwin_wayland?

Comment

I may have hit a different form of this bug? Where on SDDM startup the display sometimes doesn't come up?

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
          I may have hit a different form of this bug? Where on SDDM startup the display sometimes doesn't come up?
          Do you only have one display? sometimes SDDM likes opening up on my second monitor (there are workarounds)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Do you only have one display? sometimes SDDM likes opening up on my second monitor (there are workarounds)
            Yes, only one display.

Comment

Either my Ivy Bridge have a rock solid driver, or these new Intel GPUs have really bad ones. Every time I see serious bug on the Intel driver is never something affecting me.

Comment

I've been seeing alot of kde black screen posts lately on kaby lake or higher hardware. Not sure what the deal is, but it's creating alot of 'linux sucks' threads.

Comment

The glthread feature in general seems a bit "unstable", if that's the right word. I'm sure the feature itself works perfectly fine as intended, but not all programs appear to be readily compatible with it. I've had programs crash because of it, even without using KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    The glthread feature in general seems a bit "unstable", if that's the right word. I'm sure the feature itself works perfectly fine as intended, but not all programs appear to be readily compatible with it. I've had programs crash because of it, even without using KDE.
                    The point of the feature is to be invisible to applications, so if there is any apps not compatible with it that's a bug in the driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X