FFmpeg Adds ZeroMQ Support To Let Multiple Clients Connect To A Single Instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
    In conclusion, I had issues running ZeroMQ with Java and it didn't look like these will be resolved soon and I decided to stay away. Maybe situation with native C/C++ stuff is better...
    The situation with python is spectacular, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Seriously what the fuck is this "Watch videos with your friends" slogan.

Back in my day it actually meant staying with your friends in front of a single screen, not looking at a video at the same time while separated.

Damn millenials, you are destroying everything.

(yes I'm not 100% serious with this post, but still, I think I'm raising a valid point)
      Well, I was joking about that too.

It can be useful for using your own smartphone for hearing the same audio on different devices. This can be useful when you lack a jack multiplier and a few people want to hear music or the audio of a video, so to not annoy others in the same house or immediate translation in a conference.

It can be useful for sharing some media with people between long distances and comment about that in a text or AV chat too.

It can be useful in a video wall.

It can be useful to sync over network different screens without need of expensive (and sometimes using analog signals) multiplexers or expensive proprietary solutions.

Screen mirroring or screencast: As an alternative to HDMI/DVI/VGA or to transmit audio + video + HID over network. Maybe more robust, more flexible and open alternative to Miracast, WiDi, Google Cast...

An alternative to AirPlay and derivatives.

As a plus: Offer functionality of DLNA, DIAL...

There may be lots of other use cases I don't mention too, of course. I'm sure others may say others.

But there's a lack of a standard, robust, flexible and well designed protocol that works across many devices

Comment

Working...
      X