Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Has Made Much Progress On Usability/Productivity, But They're Still Aiming For More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Wow, thanks a lot! This seriously made my day!

I never figured press-and-hold was a thing, yet I've used KDE on a daily basis for more than 7 years... THanks for the tip (though press-and-hold also unnecessarily slows things down, so I agree that making use of the arrow as a drop-down is a better option.

Regarding D21622, it is true that the arrow area is small. Perhaps the context menu could additionally be augmented with the various actions on such buttons? (context would be triggered by a long press on touchscreens, but right click with a mouse).

Thank you again!
    You're welcome! Adding them to the context menu would help too. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post
      I do not get any resizing handles when the window has been maximised by clicking the maximise button, I don't know if thats a bug or thats the way its supposed to work.
      It looks like a bug, but I think someone complained that maximised windows can be resized on multi-screen setup and it shouldn't and the developers probably changed the behaviour. But I don't really know what to say on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Good for you!
        I'm using Kubuntu 19.04 with KDE Plasma 5.16 beta and until I find the right pixel both on the vertical elges (left and right) and bottom (right) corner, I don't see the resize handle so I cannot click-hold and drag to start resizing.
        Coming from Windows 7, this seems to take a lot of time.
        I used Cinnamon before and I don't remember seeing this problem or it was not that bad, but here, it really makes me lose time.
        This is intentional, but can be changed. If you want the Windows-style behavior, you can turn it on with System Settings > Application Style > Window Decorations > Breeze > Configure > check "Allow Resizing maximized windows from window edges".

Note that this will slow down access to anything that touches a screen edge because that thing won't be clickable on the pixel that touches the screen edge anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X