No announcement yet.

Google Releases Chrome 75 With Experimental Reader Mode, More WebAssembly Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Releases Chrome 75 With Experimental Reader Mode, More WebAssembly Work

Phoronix: Google Releases Chrome 75 With Experimental Reader Mode, More WebAssembly Work

Google today rolled out the stable release of their Chrome 75 web-browser with the newest feature additions and improvements for your summer enjoyment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it have enhanced data-slurp mode I wonder?

ungoogled-chromium 74.0.3729 is out for Arch, Debian Buster, and Ubuntu 19.04, if anyone's interested in non-slurp mode.

Comment

Feature comparison of Firefox and Chrome:
      web browser compatibility support html css svg html5 css3 opera chrome firefox safari internet explorer

Comment

I'm confused, doesn't the mobile variant of Chrome have a "reader" (simplified) mode? Or is that not the same thing?

Comment

IIRC, it had a reader mode, which was then scrapped when Google noticed they couldn't show ads? (I might be reading more into it than there is).

So, I wonder what they will do? Only allow reader mode on pages where's there's no *Google* ads? :P

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
            IIRC, it had a reader mode, which was then scrapped when Google noticed they couldn't show ads? (I might be reading more into it than there is).

So, I wonder what they will do? Only allow reader mode on pages where's there's no *Google* ads? :P
            I'm sure they'll still take credit for showing the ads while the reader mode version loads, even though the user is probably never aware of the ads.

Comment

Working...
            X