Blender 2.80 Should Be Released In July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    The world "cloud" actually can mean many things, and only a specific subset of them are "broken in 5 years".
    Cloud storage for example is not going away.
    Cloud storage as a concept isn't going away (since it has existed under different names since the 60's, that isn't a huge surprise), but you shouldn't count on particular cloud storage providers being around from one decade to the next!
    Last edited by LaeMing; 15 April 2019, 04:17 PM. Reason: typo fix

Comment

Originally posted by LaeMing View Post
      Cloud storage as a concept isn't going away (since it has existed under different names since the 60's, that is isn't a huge surprise), but you shouldn't count on particular cloud storage providers being around from one decade to the next!
      Eh, it depends. Once they have reached critical mass it's pretty hard to take them down. Even technological advancement is unlikely to dislodge them.

For example, Dropbox, Mega, Box, Backblaze, to name a few. (Plus of course Drive from Google).

It's those that didn't reach it that are going to screw you or even disappear alltogether, like Ubuntu One (that was a cloud storage too), or Microsoft's OneDrive (which did cut down on storage), or CrashPlan (that stopped offering a consumer option alltogether)

Comment

I wish they improved the UI.
        The UI is confusing, and can be customized a bit too much by dragging anything anywhere, then its unclear how to get it back to how it was before.
        Also the theme lacks contrast so its not so easy to distinguish between between the active and inactive tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Also the theme lacks contrast so its not so easy to distinguish between between the active and inactive tabs.
          You can change the theme's colors.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I wish they improved the UI.
            The UI is confusing, and can be customized a bit too much by dragging anything anywhere, then its unclear how to get it back to how it was before.
            I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I was planning to go to the devtalk to tell them how bad the UI is, though I have a feeling that they won't respond well. I haven't used it for about a month, so I'll have to see where it's at now.

Comment

This new render is really fast. Using any of the newly designed Blender 2.8 models, it took me less than 10 seconds to render scenes at 1920*1080. I able to render scenes at 3840*2160 in under 30 seconds and scenes at 7680*4320 took around 2 minutes. Mind you this is using a laptop GPU with 2GB VRAM.

I am very impressed.

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
              It's a pity the videogame engine got discarded but sure there were many reasons. Looking to Armory3D...
              From what I remember it was awkward to use.

Comment

Great seeing them set a date for 2.80, EEVEE alone should give Blender a massive boost in uptake. Also I was quite shocked at seeing how well the development fund has been going lately, it's now at £30639 per month in donations!

Comment

Working...
                X