Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 66 Arrives - Blocks Auto-Playing Sounds, Hides Title Bar By Default For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mez'
    replied
    This doesn't apply to me since I use tabs on bottom.
    But for the short period I had it activated (when tabs on bottom was temporarily broken with FF65), dragging the window with the tab bar full (which is the case 100% of the time for me) can be a real hassle.
    Last edited by Mez'; 20 March 2019, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Originally posted by Mani View Post
    I attached a screen shot comparing right click on the titlebar (left of the minimize button, top) and on the same area when the titlebar is disabled
    I noticed this, too, but it's still possible to use a shortcut like (with Gnome 3) Super + Shift + PgUp/Dwn.
    EDIT: or use SUPER und right mouse click anywhere in the window to get that menu.
    Last edited by George99; 20 March 2019, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

On a 13" laptop screen, trying to move a pointer with a jittery touchpad, it's not too big at all.
    Why is your touchpad jittery? Fix the driver settings. Sounds like you have too high an acceleration, or too high base speed (or use the nipple like us real man babies).

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    I love that the title bar is gone, such a waste of space when vertical screen space is so limited. But sometimes I missed to be able to easily read the page title and wished the current tab "title area" to be stretched horizontally all-over

Leave a comment:

• klapaucius
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    He's talking about general trends in modern UI design, where everything is biiiiiiig, with huge margins around everything. Firefox isn't immune to this - in the Customize panel, there are three settings - Compact, Normal, Touch. Or as I like to call them - Big, Huge, Ginormous. Yeah, even the so called "compact" setting is actually biiiiiig, due to all the margins around everything.
    On a 13" laptop screen, trying to move a pointer with a jittery touchpad, it's not too big at all.

Leave a comment:

• Mani
    replied
    Originally posted by xorbe View Post

Even on the task bar button?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean with the "task bar button".
    I attached a screen shot comparing right click on the titlebar (left of the minimize button, top) and on the same area when the titlebar is disabled

Leave a comment:

• zeehio
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post

The issue is that Firefox says: I am NOT an application but an embedded window, so draw no borders! KWin then does what it is told and draws no borders.
    This is my main concern. Desktop environments make default decisions and give control to users to modify some of those defaults. But they can't behave correctly if applications start playing the game of fooling the desktop environment. I think that with the rules we have, it should not be up to Firefox to decide whether or not to show the title bar by default in my desktop environment.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    If you're really paranoid though, here's a really, really, really simple solution - compile on a mechanical hard drive.
    Or get enough RAM and compile in tmpfs.

Leave a comment:

• sireangelus
    replied
    when are they going to fix firefox for raspberry pi?

Leave a comment:

• xorbe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mani View Post
    (...) noone stumbled upon the single issue I have with CSDed Firefox: the right click menu does not offer any of the window manager controls, e.g. Move to different workspace (...)
    Even on the task bar button?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X