No announcement yet.

Xfce Picking Up Support For Color Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt the whole gnome nightlight thing was gimmicky and annoying. Colord, I feel is a utility that does not really apply for my uses, I like to keep certain things simple.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You can install many xfce 4.13 packages from the Debian experimental to Debian testing/sid. In that link 100% ready has the version 4.13.
      Code:
      add-apt-repository -y "deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian experimental main"
      apt-get update
      apt-get -y -t experimental install xfce4-session xfwm4 libxfce4util-common libxfce4util7 xfce4-appfinder libxfce4panel-2.0-4 xfce4-panel xfce4-settings libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-2-0 libxfce4ui-common libxfconf-0-3 xfdesktop4
      thanks for the info, added to my notes.

Comment

Originally posted by orschiro View Post
        Xfce progressing well, slowly but steadily. 😍🤗
        And like all other distributions, as it progresses with more rich features the slower it too will become.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

And like all other distributions, as it progresses with more rich features the slower it too will become.
          Xfce is not a distro though.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Not to mention that Android has done it for a few years now and that KDE also has it. Hell, two of the TVs in my house have it.
            Yeah, Android followed suit after GNOME Shell and Windows, and then KDE followed suit as some point. Although KDE hasn't integrated it in the same way because you have to use a plasmoid, but yeah, it's available

Comment

This is a welcomed addition. A few months ago spent a whole day installing and compiling several programs in trying to find a solution for saturated reds when using a wide gamut monitor. Good thing mpv and Firefox supported loading color profiles so at least those work as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by [TV] View Post
                This is a welcomed addition. A few months ago spent a whole day installing and compiling several programs in trying to find a solution for saturated reds when using a wide gamut monitor. Good thing mpv and Firefox supported loading color profiles so at least those work as they should.
                If you're running a wide-gamut monitor, use the following before you run X-Rite:
                xrandr --output DP1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

After you do this you must use AdobeRGB, DCI-P3 or another profile without a linear ramp (ie not sRGB)
                Last edited by linuxgeex; 26 February 2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X