Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Hopefully can be done via a skin.
    Hopefully? It can already done with a skin! But not a Qt skin, you need to use a slightly different engine, like QtCurve or Kvantum. But still, it's close

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

Still to come is a post from debianxfce about how debian xfce would be a superior solution to [TOPIC TITLE]. Not long after that a series of 10 posts back to back from pal666 with short, snappy & aggressive responses to cropped sections of various comments. After that is done we have a 25% chance of a systemd-related flame war kicking off and a 15% chance of Weasel and someone else having a long, multi-paragraph-per-comment back and forth about one detail of the topic. There is no sign of AMD affiliation with this topic, so the chance of bridgman showing up is around about 3%.

Not complaining. Just sayin'

LMAO. And also a 5% chance that Marc Driftmeyer joins to come and tell us for the 1000th time how Apple is superior lol

Comment

I find it frustrating as I like to just quickly put my mouse over a scrollable pane and start scrolling without regard for the area of pixels directly under my cursor. The way it works now means I often have to use fine motor control to carefully place my mouse somewhere there currently aren't widgets. Even after doing that I have to keep intently watching the screen in case a widget just happens to scroll under my cursor while I'm scrolling.
        …Slalom scrolling. I hate it too.

The above isn't a problem when web browsing. I don't recall the scroll wheel ever affecting a widget state while scrolling up and down a page in firefox. It makes scrolling a very easy, care free operation and leaves my mind free to focus on locating the content I want to stop scrolling over.
        Remember Flash?

I call it slalom scrolling because, back in the day, navigating the mouse down a busy news site without getting stuck on a Flash element felt weirdly similar to that DOS game with the slalom skier that you had to navigate down the mountain (using the mouse) without getting eaten by the troll.
        Last edited by andreano; 21 January 2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post

Remember Flash?
          Gets flashbacks and starts shaking uncontrollably

Please don't make me remember again. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Couldn't agree more! I hate when applications do that. If anyone wants to switch quickly, maybe they could adopt the AmigaOS 4 way of adding a button next to it that switches between options?
            Single click the widget to give it scroll-wheel focus, click or scroll (without absorbing the action) outside the widget to return context to the window?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Well there can be written wrappers and binders.
              I don't know how such things works.
              GTK is exposed through GOject Introspection, then have GObject Introspection in Python, JavaScript, etc.
              Ahh, so not "It would be great if Qt would run on .NET Core." (which is far too easy to interpret as "Qt libraries should compile into a form which can run on top of the CLR") but "It would be great if .NET Core applications could use Qt".

I can certainly agree with that. Heck, I'd love to see Qt implementing something like GObject Introspection. The easier it is to write bindings and the more bindings there are, the better.

Comment

Pinging Michael.

(Did you update the anti-spam recently? This is the second time it's decided to unapprove my link-less replies and it never used to do that.)

Comment

I think that's how it currently works.

I find it frustrating as I like to just quickly put my mouse over a scrollable pane and start scrolling without regard for the area of pixels directly under my cursor. The way it works now means I often have to use fine motor control to carefully place my mouse somewhere there currently aren't widgets. Even after doing that I have to keep intently watching the screen incase a widget just happens to scroll under my cursor while I'm scrolling.

The above isn't a problem when web browsing. I don't recall the scroll wheel ever effecting a widget state while scrolling up and down a page in firefox. It makes scrolling a very easy, care free operation and leaves my mind free to focus on locating the content I want to stop scrolling over.
                  I do have that issue with web browsers. I scroll the page, another scrollable (like iframe or textarea) comes up and that starts scrolling instead.

Comment

Rewrite it in Rust.

(showing myself the door)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

I do have that issue with web browsers. I scroll the page, another scrollable (like iframe or textarea) comes up and that starts scrolling instead.
                      Although that can be annoying, I wasn't actually thinking of iframes and textareas. I was thinking of control widgets like: unexpanded drop-down-lists & number pickers. Those latter widgets can actually result in data, undesirably, being accidently changed on the page.

Comment

Working...
                      X