Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britoid
    replied
    So is that why Plymouth doesn't work when booting from an EFI stub?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Awesome.

OK, so I found out I can't do flicker-free boot on this MacBook as it is the firmware which is setting the screen to black...

But it does partially work on my MSI machine after patching GRUB, the kernel and Plymouth. The logo stays for longer but still for some reason it goes black; and there still is the AMD modeset (when will they work on this?); and it does not set the vendor logo, despite my motherboard supporting BGRT and UseBGRT set in my Plymouth theme...

And the smooth transition feature is GDM-only so far. In the case of SDDM I still see my "Arch Freaking Linux" (yup) console login screen for 8 seconds, and then SDDM appears.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 05 December 2018, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Plymouth Lands Its Tighter Integration With UEFI Flicker-Free Boot Experience

Phoronix: Plymouth Lands Its Tighter Integration With UEFI Flicker-Free Boot Experience

The Fedora-led effort for perfecting the flicker-free Linux boot experience has landed its Plymouth boot splash screen changes for reusing the UEFI boot/logo screen during the boot process...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X