X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boltronics
    replied
    Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
    Maybe you can try launching the game from *native* Steam (using Proton or not) and configuring the gamepad with mappings to your liking from Steam.
    I've been using Proton wherever possible exactly because that's what I've been doing as well. Unfortunately Steam doesn't let you just drop in your own version of Wine on a per-app basis yet (although there is a GitHub issue open requesting it), so am holding off on trying this with official Wine until doing so is supported by the Steam client.

In the meantime, official Wine continues to provide superior game compatibility in my testing with the exception of controller support. I'm confident that either the Wine devs (with improved controller support for games under Wine) or Valve (with official Wine build support in Steam) improves the situation in time.

Leave a comment:

• ssorgatem
    replied
    Originally posted by boltronics View Post

I too am interested in this. I'll be quite excited if it helps get more gamepads and joysticks detected and working correctly out of the box within a pure Wine environment.

Currently gamepads work great if using Proton but (last I checked) we need to use Windows programs under Wine to remap buttons and things to get many games working correctly there, which is quite a pain (and frankly in general I just don't bother). It's also annoying because Proton otherwise doesn't have the same level of game compatibility that current Wine has.

Some types of games are really meant to play on a gamepad and just feel awkward on a keyboard.
    Maybe you can try launching the game from *native* Steam (using Proton or not) and configuring the gamepad with mappings to your liking from Steam.

That's how I've been playing ESO with a Steam Controller for a year; but it also works for generic gamepads and other controller types supported by Steam (Xbox, PS4, Switch Pro)

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    What is the meaning of "HID device support in Raw Input"?
    Well, from a short look to code snippets on the Internet, it's apparently an API that allows to receive values from arbitrary HID devices. It does not look "raw" at all, e.g. for mice events one can differ X and Y movements, wheel motion delta.

No idea, what's the difference with a "non-raw API", whatever it is.

Leave a comment:

• boltronics
    replied
    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    I too am interested in this. I'll be quite excited if it helps get more gamepads and joysticks detected and working correctly out of the box within a pure Wine environment.

Currently gamepads work great if using Proton but (last I checked) we need to use Windows programs under Wine to remap buttons and things to get many games working correctly there, which is quite a pain (and frankly in general I just don't bother). It's also annoying because Proton otherwise doesn't have the same level of game compatibility that current Wine has.

Some types of games are really meant to play on a gamepad and just feel awkward on a keyboard.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    DPI Scaling? Is it like, fonts only, or real DPI scaling? (which includes UI)

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    This wine version have various improvements on input case rawinput in some apps, gfwl on street fighter vs tekken and others

Cuphead

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4

And now with DXVK using Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4

Leave a comment:

• Wine 3.15 Brings HID Device Support For Raw Input, DPI Scaling On Android

Phoronix: Wine 3.15 Brings HID Device Support For Raw Input, DPI Scaling On Android

Wine 3.15 is out today as the first development release since last week's landmark announcement of Valve's Steam Play to run Windows games on Linux using the Wine-forked "Proton" with the help of CodeWeavers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X