Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 18.08 Released

Phoronix: KDE Applications 18.08 Released

Today the quarterly update to the collection of KDE software applications has shipped with its newest features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm curious if this fixes the random slowness of Dolphin. Sometimes folders open instantly, sometimes after a 100ms delay or so.

Comment

Why is Debian stuck with old Kmail? It's still using 17.12.3.

Comment

Kmail hasn't worked for me for a long time... gets stuck retrieving folders for my personal IMAP server. I only ever tried it to have that "unified KDE experience" but have since given up and just moved to other clients.

Comment

I'm using Wayland on Kubuntu 18.04 for a couple days now, and things look surprisingly functional, compared to the launch day.

The only bugs I stumbled upon are the copy after selection text (not Ctrl+C) not working, some graphical glitches here and there on Intel GPU, nothing annoying, and I can't remember anything else now. So it's looking very polished.

Since KDE Neon jumped to Ubuntu 18.04, I tested it and the copy thingy is already corrected. Looks like we can expect Kubuntu on Wayland by default in October.

Comment

Yeah, I wish Wayland session would work for me. It's still horribly crashing on startup with amdgpu / DisplayPort. I'm waiting for 4.18 kernel, but I suspect that I'll have to wait until 4.19.

Comment

It's a good thing Kdenlive didn't rush their refactoring branch to production—I hear it was quite buggy.

Comment

Good to see Dolphin working for root again. (I don't login as root often - only to do my system backup, for which I don't like my being-backed-up user account active - yes, I'm sure there is a more 'correct' way to do this, but it is my sole-user home machine.)

Comment

they have to fix Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) that is broken from serveral month ago in KIO, is so annoying using a mobile or tablet with usb cable because not works in kde plasma
                  Last edited by papu; 16 August 2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papu View Post
                    they have to fix Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) that is broken from serveral month ago in KIO, is so annoying using a mobile or tablet with usb cable because not works in kde plasma
                    https://i.imgur.com/xpGzcg0.png
                    I was able to get around some KIO issues by copying files between/within a split view, rather than between separate Dolphin windows. Maybe that helps?

Comment

Working...
                    X