Trinity Desktop R14.0.5 Preparing For Release As Maintained KDE3 Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

Really? In their FAQ there is information about no plans to migrate from TQt3 (Qt3 fork) to Qt4 or Qt5. If you're right, that's really good news. KDE3 on recent Qt would be great desktop, like MATE.
    Perhaps not rebasing their project on QT4 but just getting interoperability support for apps that need QT4 or higher?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      Are you from the GNOME camp? 'Cause outside of the GNOME camp, people always care a great deal about customization. But nonetheless, Trinity is extremely responsive and is full of features.
      Exactly. Linux is all about freedom, choice, customization, etc. (being open source and all)

I never understood GNOME fanboys. What's the point of using it instead of Windows? You still get minimalist, childish-looking hand-holding garbage, and it uses up even more resources, so it's not like it's better than Windows 10. With Windows at least you do get a better application and driver support, so really what is the point of being a GNOME fanboy?!? Literally have the worst of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post

Perhaps not rebasing their project on QT4 but just getting interoperability support for apps that need QT4 or higher?
        Probably.

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        Exactly. Linux is all about freedom, choice, customization, etc. (being open source and all)

I never understood GNOME fanboys. What's the point of using it instead of Windows? You still get minimalist, childish-looking hand-holding garbage, and it uses up even more resources, so it's not like it's better than Windows 10. With Windows at least you do get a better application and driver support, so really what is the point of being a GNOME fanboy?!? Literally have the worst of both worlds.
        Because not everybody cares about million configurations options or freedom. I never understand why if somebody doesn't care about personalization or freedom on Linux there is someone who will say "If you dont care about it use Windows". Why? If Linux is about freedom, then somebody simply can love minimalist and ease and don't want to spend hours to change every option on KDE or another "super ultra configurable DE". They prefer Linux than Windows so saying "Use Windows" is bad. Operating system is more than simply desktop environment. Why you think everybody that moves from Windows to Linux moves because they are tired by Windows DE? Maybe they prefer Linux? Maybe they want open source OS? Maybe then don't want to pay for Windows? Maybe they don't like Microsoft? There are a lot of reasons why move to Linux, not just "I want more customization".

You never understand GNOME fanboys, I never understand KDE fanboys which consider "desktop environment" as most important thing in OS. GNOME is customizable. Not by configuration options like KDE but by extensions. Nobody blocks extensions they are supported way to change desktop. It's not like Windows when you need modifications (not supported by Microsoft of course) to have more options. What's the point of being a fanboy at all? Linux is freedom so everybody can choose whatever he want. If GNOME devs wants to remove options - it's their choice. If users wants to use GNOME - it's their choice. No reason to make Linux vs Linux wars or offending GNOME devs/users.

Comment

Working...
        X