No announcement yet.

Xfce's Thunar 1.8 FIle Manager Released With Move From GTK2 To GTK3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, miracles really do exist! Finally a post about Xfce's GTK3 port that is not littered with "OMG! I hate GTK3! Why are they doing this!!1!???" crap.

Comment

I bet there's still no option to disable the trash can, which means it's still way behind Windows 95 explorer.exe. That's more than 20 years of playing catching up.

Comment

Since wishing all Dolphin features be present on GTK file managers is not happening, I only wish Thunar got side-by-side panels. On GTK camp, Pcmanfm has it, but lost it on the Qt migration for some reason, and Nemo.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          Since wishing all Dolphin features be present on GTK file managers is not happening, I only wish Thunar got side-by-side panels. On GTK camp, Pcmanfm has it, but lost it on the Qt migration for some reason, and Nemo.
          Double panel in Thunar is a taboo that nobody can pronounce in the Xfce forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            Alright, miracles really do exist! Finally a post about Xfce's GTK3 port that is not littered with "OMG! I hate GTK3! Why are they doing this!!1!???" crap.
            lol just wait - I haven't noticed any of the usual fogies arrive yet.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I find it to be the worst of all the DE-specific file browsers. I'm not saying Thunar is bad (it's definitely better than what Windows or Mac has) but I think pcmanfm, nautilus, and dolphin are better.
              Strongly disagree. Dolphin has gone to shit, as has nautilus. pcmanfm trails far behind Thunar and caja. My fave Linux 'desktop' is MATE but with Thunar as the file manager.

People are bemoaning Thunar not having a split window view but it does have tabs so I don't really miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by danboid View Post
                Strongly disagree. Dolphin has gone to shit, as has nautilus. pcmanfm trails far behind Thunar and caja. My fave Linux 'desktop' is MATE but with Thunar as the file manager.
                Nautilus changed a lot, and for anyone who can't handle change is going to have a bad day. But just because you can't handle change, that doesn't make it bad. Dolphin has only improved over the years - the only annoying thing about it is how you can't use it with root. pcmanfm in my experience functions better than Thunar while being more lightweight. Never tried caja.
                People are bemoaning Thunar not having a split window view but it does have tabs so I don't really miss it.
                I never said anything about split view, nor do I care about having it.

Comment

Nautilus should have forked and put their file manager in EOL 3 years ago. Then they should have developed all their fancy features.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

Double panel in Thunar is a taboo that nobody can pronounce in the Xfce forum...
                    Really? Is because developers are sick of users asking for it or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Really? Is because developers are sick of users asking for it or something else?
                      As you wrote, sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X