Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post

*faster than GNOME. In KDE, the scroll bar is always there

EDIT: In Windows you can't even scroll using your mouse wheel when the respective part of a Window isn't focused by clicking on it beforehand.
    Yup, I'm glad that KDE still has the scroll bar visible by default! I just wish they'd make it a bit wider 'cause it's very, very narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I'm not sure if this is an improvement.
      Generally I don't like the hidden controls, buttons, input fields idea because:
      1. It's not intuitive at at all, as a user you have no idea that you have to move the mouse or press a key to see something that's hidden, this can only be discovered by mistake without any hints, so it's good only for users that are not new.
      2. It's always slower for the brain to calculate the next move, because you have to wait to see the current status and positions of things, compared to seeing them from the beginning.
      Like the auto-hide scroll bar in file manages and browsers where if you want to use it you have to:
      a) Move the mouse
      b) Look up and down with the eyes to find the bar segment segment
      c) Go go it, click-and-hold and move it up or down.
      In Windows the scroll bar it's always there and the whole locate the scroll bar segment could be done more in advance so it's always faster than Linux.
      It's not intuitive? You see the lockscreen, you've never such a thing before, but you kind of know how to use a computer. What do y ou do? Maybe you should try move the mouse or press a button, doing nothing isn't going to work right? After that first time, is it going to be as difficult as you insist the next time? No.

What sort of current status and position of things are you expecting to get from the lockscreen? You get the elements you're interested in from any form of input activity yeah? The next discovery is that when you push a button that's valid input for a password, you notice it's already entered that into the password field! So now when it's displayed, you can just type the password, like you always did in the past. Granted, I can see why you might want the option to still display the elements by default. That should be as simple as changing the SDDM theme.

Scrollbar is quite configurable btw, whatever style you're wanting that some other platform has you'll likely be able to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Yup, I'm glad that KDE still has the scroll bar visible by default! I just wish they'd make it a bit wider 'cause it's very, very narrow.
        Are you on high dpi? It's pretty decent size for me. Thickness of my cursor.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post
          EDIT: In Windows you can't even scroll using your mouse wheel when the respective part of a Window isn't focused by clicking on it beforehand.
          nope... actually, in windows 10 you scroll the windows hovered with the mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

Nope. Just regular 1920x1080 on 13" laptop. The scrollbars are smaller than my cursor...

Comment

Nope. Just regular 1920x1080 on 13" laptop. The scrollbars are smaller than my cursor...
              Might be based on theme then I'm not sure. I'm using Manjaro KDE with their default theme atm.

Comment

Might be based on theme then I'm not sure. I'm using Manjaro KDE with their default theme atm.
                I'm experiencing it with the default theme (Breeze) as well as 3rd party themes.

Comment

I'm experiencing it with the default theme (Breeze) as well as 3rd party themes.
                  Have you tried the Manjaro one? I believe it's called Maia. Maybe use a VM or live USB image of Manjaro KDE, not sure if it's theme related or if it's some other customization Manjaro has done for UX. All I know is the scrollbar has the same thickness as my cursor, so it must be possible. If it is just due to the theme alone, shouldn't be difficult to identify where and modify your preferred theme to have a larger scrollbar, else if it's a Manjaro distro specific change, dropping into their community forums and asking the devs what change made it happen should get you a response too that you could use.

Comment

I just hope stability increases in the lock screens often when leaving the pc on overnight - I'll be able to "wake" it and see ALL my apps and confidential windows open...give it about 10seconds and suddenly it all goes black and "should" display the password dialog - doesn't always display it and I have to CTRL+F1 and 3 finger solute it.

Comment

In both cases (1080p and 2160p) is very small (narrow).
                      Smaller than my cursor.
                      I like width that Windows 7 has.
                      Also I cannot see the top and bottom arrows to scroll up and down very little, like in Windows.
                      I hope they will at least make this configurable in the future so I can make it as close as I can with Windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X