VLC 3.0.1 Released With Chromecast Improvements, Better Qt HiDPI Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC 3.0.1 Released With Chromecast Improvements, Better Qt HiDPI Support

Phoronix: VLC 3.0.1 Released With Chromecast Improvements, Better Qt HiDPI Support

Following the big VLC 3.0 release from the beginning of February, the VideoLAN crew is ending out the month with the v3.0.1 point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

VLC truly is an amazing piece of software.

Thanks for the heads up, Michael!

Comment

How is VLC's Blu-Ray support now?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
        How is VLC's Blu-Ray support now?
        AFAIK Blue Ray support comes from BLueRay support library. This makes your question irrelevant to VLC itself.

Comment

I'm a bit Arch has been so late to add 3.0.0 support (which I still don't have yet). I'm not interested in using testing repos.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I'm a bit Arch has been so late to add 3.0.0 support (which I still don't have yet). I'm not interested in using testing repos.
            It takes several weeks/months for new versions to get into the mainline repository, as they have to be tested by the maintainers and technical community and signed-off on, before they can be widely distributed to end-users.

Comment

Does it mean that any file type that vlc can play can be watched on chromecast? Does anybody know if mpv supports chromecast or not? If not, that is an issue for them.

Comment

Working...
              X